Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

MPG on new body style leveled GMC or Chevy's

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by undertheradar, Nov 9, 2011.

1. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3.08 + 33's = crappy mpg. Get you some 3.73's and save your money on CAI and programers and call it a day.

2. undertheradar

undertheradar Rockstar

Next set of tires I may go down to 275 x 65's

3. TxLTZz71

TxLTZz71 New Member

Hmm... Give 3mpg for leveled Z71 with 33's?!? Maybe I will stick with 275/70/17 nittos... LOL

4. undertheradar

undertheradar Rockstar

What is your current mpg with the 32's?

5. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Man, all these NBS pickups getting TERRIBLE mpgs is blowing my mind.. In town i get 16-17.. hwy is anywhere from 19-22, depending on which way im goin. (this is an actual personal calculation, as my truck doesn't have the DIC) And I'm pretty good at math haha. I have the 5spd w/ AFM.

6. lquattro04

lquattro04 Rockstar

My truck doesnt have a DIC either so I do my gas mileage manually every time i fill up as well. I was only getting 14 around the city when everything was stock. Once I installed the leveling kit It dropped slightly, then I removed the front air dam below the bumper and wow my mileage dropped by nearly 2mpg. Then I installed 22" rims with 305/45 Nitto Dune Grapplers and it dropped slightly again. So around the city I was getting 11-12mpg. it was running me $85 every 4-5 days -_- I installed a Bully Dog Triple Dog GT near the end of January and I'm back up to 14-15mpg thankfully. Plus I was able to recalibrate the speedometer so everything was running correctly. That programmer was by far the best investment ever made. Not only am I getting better gas mileage, but I can tap the gas and she takes off like a rocket. I rarely ever drive strictly highway so I couldnt tell you what I get highway mpg, but last summer i drove to the OBX and was getting 16-17 so I'm assuming I'd be getting around 18-20 now.

7. undertheradar

undertheradar Rockstar

Bought me a hypertech tuner, downloaded program on pc the installed it on the tool. hooked it up to truck and followed prompts and PRESTO, Shift points are better and so is the MILEAGE. Im at 358 miles right now and just hit a 1/4 tank (3/4 gas used) That is where my low fuel light would come on! I hope to see 430 miles outta this tank. which will put me around 17-18 MPG highway. I am excited! 17-18 MPG isnt bad with 285 nittos....

8. undertheradar

undertheradar Rockstar

[​IMG] Originally Posted by ajarman [​IMG]
    3.08 + 33's = crappy mpg. Get you some 3.73's and save your money on CAI and programers and call it a day.

Read more: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...le-leveled-GMC-or-Chevy-s/page4#ixzz1wLYVVp00
    Well, this morning on the way to work at 440 miles, the low fuel light popped on. I'll follow up tonight or tomorrow with the exact #'s. I have to fill up when I leave work this afternoon.

9. undertheradar

undertheradar Rockstar

Ok... here are the numbers. 445.5 miles and 23.704 gallons of gas = 18.794 MPG. 95% of this was flat highway driving. Not too shabby. Thanks Hypertech Max Energy.

10. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That's awesome. Definitely need a tuner soon.