Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

MPG with Active Fuel Management

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 08SilveradoWT, Apr 11, 2008.

1. 08SilveradoWT

08SilveradoWT New Member

Hello Everyone,

For those of you equipped with Active Fuel Management, I'd like to know what highway MPG you all are getting. Earlier this year I purchased an 08 Silverado WT, 4.3L v6 for commuting purposes. I thought getting the 4.3L v6 would give me the best MPG (as far as full sized trucks are concerned). I'm beginning to wonder if I should have put out more money to get a bigger engine with the Active Fuel Management especially since most of the driving I do is freeway driving. Look forward to hearing from you all!

Thanks!

2. zach45

zach45 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

i have 1500 lt1 4xw with z71
    i get 10-11 city and something like 18-20 highway i think..

and i have a heavy foot.. no bed cover or antyhing yet

3. Danimal

Danimal New Member

I have an '08 1500 with the 5.3 V8 and I averaged 16.5 the first tank and 17.1 the second tank. This a combination of city and a little highway. No interstates at 65 mph. Just 55 mph highways.

4. Slick1219

Slick1219 New Member

Regularly see 20's on the highway in both the heavy '07 avalanche (wife's) and my heavier '08 suburban

5. RatRod

RatRod Rockstar 100 Posts

I have an 08 with the 4.3 and with 5000 miles on it I am getting close to 21 mpg combo driving.

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Everyone, If you have AFM, post what your MPG is.

7. JKEY817

JKEY817 New Member

I have 08 tx edition with the 5.3L, 1st tank got 15 but a lot of city, showing everyone my truck
    2nd tank got right at 20 with more hwy, the dealership told me after the 1st 1000 miles the truck should be getting around 22-23 on hwy if I drive it right.

8. branhap

branhap New Member

I'm getting 15 in the city, and 18-20 on the highway, but that is highway with mountain passes, so your mileage may vary.

Paul

9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's pretty good. Everyone wants to get better MPG these days. I'd expect to see more Active Fuel Management options on more models in the future ... as well as hybrid options.

10. sheep

sheep Rockstar 100 Posts

wow, with all the money that im spending in gas every month it would almost even out if i bought a brand new truck with this AFM system on it lol i get like 13 city 18 highway, thats if im easy going