1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mr Magoo

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jds7345, Jun 1, 2011.

1. jds7345

jds7345 New Member

:lol:
    I am a white male in nuclear engineering with Duke Energy Corporation for 33 years.
    Magoo was my highschool nickname because my sight on the football field was
    pretty poor without sport glasses to wear back then.
    I own a 2010 Buick Enclave, a 2011 GMC 4 door SLT Z71 loaded, and a 1993 ford F150 which I drive to work. I am a South Carolina resident who has lived in Texas
    And S.C.
    :grrrrrr:
    I have joined the truck club when I began looking for answers to my GMC cab noise which is noticeable on the open road and particularly bad on course asphalt roads to the point you cannot hear the radio in normal range volume. My cousin has the same truck which we both bought on the same day unbeknown to us at the time. He has removed the back seats and put in normal house insulation behind the seat but still has the noise too. I have an appointment this Friday, 6-3-11 with a local GMC dealer to discuss this.
    If any one has good suggestions before I go Friday it would be welcomed.
    Magoo
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Magoo.
  4. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GM truck club Magoo
  5. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f New Member

welcome to the club Magoo!
  6. jds7345

jds7345 New Member

AL
    Thanks for the reply. I have cut and pasted the comments on cab noise. Is there a way to see all
    the write ups on a single page in this program?

We like the Enclave for looks, mileage, ease of handling. We can get 23mpg on the road easy enough.
    It is short on seat comfort in the front seats. The driver side has the eight way seat but lacks enoufgh
    cusion and tilt range. The right front passenger side seat does not come with eight way seating.
    The dealer made a small adjustment to raise the fron of the seat some but could not really get it where
    it needs to be so it feels like your butt is sliding forward all the time. It also lacks the digital directional
    indicator because it has navagation. The problem is you have to find the little arrow on the nav screen
    window that always poins north and then find the small movement arrow then determine which way you are traveling.
    If you have navigation the easy direction icon is not offered by GM.
    Magoo

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

Thanks JBJOHNSON for the welcome. Do you have cab noise like I do?
  7. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  8. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 New Member

Welcome to GMTC
  9. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
  10. csltrains96

csltrains96 New Member

Welcome aboard, Magoo!!