Mud Flaps for 03 Tahoe

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by cibula11, Jan 28, 2012.

1. cibula11

cibula11 New Member

Can you install front mudflaps on an 03 Tahoe with running boards? Or is that even necessary. Wanting to get some for the rear, but didn't know about the front.

2. BillD64

BillD64 Rockstar

If it doesn't have the off road fender extensions it is easy and should be done. The plastic off road extensions make it harder to install a flap since they are flexible. I have the off road extensions on my Tahoe and the running board still gets loaded with slush and ice when running down a highway loaded with snow/slush/salt/sand. The whole brown ugly mess builds up to the point you can't use the running board for a step without fear of slipping off it.

Bill

3. cibula11

cibula11 New Member

Are you talking about the fender flares? I do have those. I'd really like to get some for the back, but I don't want to have to drill anything. If it doesn't fit without using the existing holes and plastic fasteners, then I don't want them.

4. BillD64

BillD64 Rockstar

Yes, I am talking about the off road fender flares. There aren't any mounting holes in them. If you want to mount mud flaps to them you will have to drill them. Drilling won't hurt since they are plastic but its my opinion they don't have enough strength to hold a flap in place when it gets loaded down with slop and has a 50+mph wind blowing past it.

Bill

5. cibula11

cibula11 New Member

Is there a place I can find the original mud flaps for this model and year? I don't want to do any drilling and the weather tech flaps seem a bit pricey.

6. cjhoe

cjhoe New Member

cibula11 I have a "02" in which i purchased "molded" mud flaps that work with OEM flares and running boards. Bought them at a aftermarket truck
    shop. As you can see they fit tight against the running boards.

[​IMG]

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

One thing I forgot to say, is that they really cut down on all the winter slush,salt, snow etc. from loading up on top of the running boards. especially up here in Michigan