Mud flaps question?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BigrRed18, Jan 23, 2012.

1. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

Hey guys i just ordered some mud flaps for my truck and i dont think they are drilless flaps? what is the best way to mount them on? thanks!!!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Those flaps will match your truck nicely. I took a look at their manufacturer's website and these appear to be ones that you either have to drill or use self-threading screws, which is probably the best way to mount them. Over many different vehicles and several sets of mudflaps, I've always screwed them directly to the metal and have never lost one; which actually now that I think about it is pretty fortunate, since I off-road quite a bit.

3. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

Sorry that i took that link off but it linked to part of my ebay account and didnt want to take the risk. found the site though im hoping it comes with instructions or atleast some screws! haha werent to cheap so hope so! I just hate the thought of drilling into my truck! you are saying you drill the screws in before making the whole correct?

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

No worries, I went to the website "provendesignproducts.com" anyway, as the main sites may contain more info than someone offering it up on ebay. I used a center punch first to place a small dent exactly where I wanted to drill the hole and then drilled. Even if they come with self-threading screws, I'd recommend drilling a hole first, as the self-threading screws tend to drift before they catch.