1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mud flaps/Splash guards for 2009 Sierra.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TomK, Jun 25, 2009.

1. TomK

TomK New Member

What is the best splash guard, the OEM GMC? I do not have any on my truck right now and when I drive I can hear rocks shooting up and hittng the body. I wont be doing any off roading, I just need a good set for on-road driving.

Tom
  2. d.mehrl

d.mehrl New Member

I Have the factory flaps on my '09 silverado. They have the form fit to them, not just a flat piece of rubber hanging there. They look real nice in my opinion, and protect the truck from rock chips. Go for the factory flaps, if you want the best look and protection ! Just my opinion.....
  3. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

Totally stock truck? If so they the OEM should provide enough protection though they appear a little small to me. If you are running anything different than a stock setup (tires, lift, rims) then I'd say go for something else. It would also depend on where you are. If you are more to the north then I would think you would benefit more from a longer and/or larger guard in winter.

I say look around and find yourself something that doesn't "flap"! It it flaps then it moves and if it moves it will get worn eventually.

So have yourself a look around if you aren't running stock and find something that's the best quality you can afford.

Just my $.02
  4. 97chevz71

97chevz71 New Member ROTM Winner

this is what the guy above is talking about they are great.

[​IMG]
  5. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

The Husky mud flaps look just like the OEM one's, except they don't have the little bowtie on them. I think they both have a nice fit to them, and there probably worth the money too!

1st synthetics-I just bought 3 gallons of Por-15 for the underbody of my new truck, and I was entertaining the thought of doing the rear fenderwells. So in your opinion it made it a lot quieter from road debris, I was just afraid of it trapping moisture and then rotting out the inner fenders?? I am going to do the whole underbody anyways, was just entertaining the idea.
  7. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts

Yes the undercoating does make it quieter in the fender wells. I just re-coated mine yesterday due to some nicks in it from large rocks. por-15 is some good stuff:great:
  8. TomK

TomK New Member

Thanks for all of the great info guys! I will defn look into the OEM spash guards. I think I will get the back side (not the side that gets rocks kicked onto it) painted white diamond like my truck so that they don't stand out as much. I also plan to add a set of oem fender wells to cut down on the noise of the rocks.
  9. ProspectorTim

ProspectorTim New Member

I'm looking & thinking about mudflaps for my '09 Sierra Dually. I haven't had time to really shop, so mostly I've just been thinking about it. The GMC flaps look nice, but seem a bit pricey to me. I have to admit though, that I haven't priced anything else yet.

Before I make up my mind, I just HAVE to go to the local truck stops and see if I can find some of the chrome "naked lady" mud flaps. But I probably won't buy them even though my said "It's *your* truck, put what you want to on it. I just KNOW she didn't mean it. :lol:
    Anyhow, my truck is white - and you could go blind looking at it on a sunny day ( like "snow blind"). It is even white inside the rear fender-wells. But looking around, body-colored fender wells seem to be the trend on the "newer" trucks. My ol 99 Dodge at least had black plastic fender liners. I'll probably be painting mine with undercoating too.
  10. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts

I have the same ones as "97chevz71" ]I love them! They look and function great!!! And would recommend them to anyone looking to buy! just make sure you buy a front and rear set, don't just buy 2 front sets to avoid the logo becasue the front and rear are different