1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mud Flaps

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ChevyBoy2009, Feb 28, 2010.

1. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hey guys i have a 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 and i am getting new tires this week (285/75R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers) and i dont have any mud flaps on the back nor the front...i was wondering if i should get some for the back to help protect my exhaust from getting hit from the rocks being thrown up from the new tires....what do you guys think???

[​IMG]
  2. hildy19

hildy19 Rockstar 100 Posts

For sure

For sure get them! I was surprised athow much they blocked.
  3. ChevyBoy2009

k ill just get the back ones...oh btw how do u install them,i havent had to put any on
  4. hildy19

install

I got the husky brand ones.Install is fairly easy. On the rear you have to connect it in 3 places. Two of them were already there but i had to drill the 3rd one. The front was roughly the same. They try to use existing holes if possible but that doesn't always work. I got the ones that are contoured tothe body so you hold it where it fits best with the body and then tighten the screws.

Pretty straight forward.

Let me know how you like your tires please. Cuz if i get rims I'd like those A/T and what was the price
  5. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Go to Chevy Parts on this forum. I got the OEM flaps and they work great.

:glasses:
  6. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

i have in front and rear OEM.. its important cos it protect ur bubmer from crashes and mud and make the truck looking good.. yeah its important
  7. ChevyBoy2009

hildy19-for the set of 4 tires and installed would be 775 bucks!
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

You need to get them.I bought mine and had them installed 2 weeks after i purchased my truck new.
  9. hildy19

thanks

thanks Thats quite a bit lol
  10. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've always been happy with the molded ones, and they are still pretty easy to put on