1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

mud terrain recommendations

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ARucker, Aug 25, 2009.

1. ARucker

ARucker New Member

hey there iv got a chevy silverado 1500 07 classic. i recently had my existing torsion keys adjusted for leveling yall think i can clear 285 70 17 if so what would be the best mud terrain for my money thanks.
  2. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 Rockstar 100 Posts

you should be able clear them fine, i ran 285/75r16s on my old 01 before i added a body lift and they never rubbed. tire wise id go with the bfg mud terrain or the toyo mud terrain, i ran bfg for 6 years and i love the tires, recently ran a set of the toyo mudders and love em, both are a lil pricey, if u want a cheaper tire look into cooper they have a nice m/t, nitto i think is comin out with a new m/t go check it out
  3. dshewy14

dshewy14 Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah you can tuck em, and my buddie has got some mt and love then i think there cooper discovery stt.
  4. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Cooper Discovery STT x2 I love em!
  5. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

you will be fine i would go with the toyo opencountry mt
  6. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

X 2 on the Cooper STTs. They work great in the mud. I have a set on my FJ40 and I love how they work in the mud.
  7. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

8. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

BFG MUD TERRAIN KM!!! they kick but in the mud
  9. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ for the Mud Terrain!
  10. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

I used to have Toyo M/T's on my truck and they performed and looked great but now I have Toyo A/T's. Hopefully my next set will be mud terrains though. :great: