1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

mud terrain tire

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Burden33, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

so guys its about another 2 months until i get my lift on my truck and i been looking for knew tiresand i got it narrowed down to three different tires. toyo mt, mickey thompsons mtz and dick cepek mud country. how do you guys find the tire on/offroad and how do you guys find them for road noise ect ect .....
  2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Never used any of those tires because im a cooper tires man, but my buddy has the mickey thompsons on his truck and they get good traction and dont make too much noise. They're about average for aggressive tires when it comes to noise.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Toyo M/Ts. Rides better and last longer than the other two. The Mickeys and the Cepeks are made buy Cooper tire.
  4. Farmerdave

Farmerdave Rockstar 100 Posts

Did you check out coopers? I had cooper STT's on my Cummins and loved them. But from the ones you have go Toyo Buddy had some on his Powerstroke and put 50k on em.
  5. rebelpride

rebelpride New Member

dick cepeks are really good tires. great tread cleaning not too loud on the tar roads an loads of traction in mud. all around good tire in my opinion plus they look great!
  6. grrr...

grrr... Rockstar 100 Posts

It depends on what you are looking for. Do you want people to think you go off road but you only go 100miles off road for every 30k or are you an avid offroader? The Dick Cepek and Mickey's will provide great traction in the Mud, but at a cost of higher wear on road, balance issues after 3-5k miles(which doesnt matter off road), and More highway noise. I used to spend alot of time off road working for a logging company so I wanted the better traction, but I ran with Super Swamper Boggers, no traction on wet asphalt but hell on mud. The Toyo tires will probably last longer on the road due to their less aggresive design. Good Luck.
  7. TurboChris

TurboChris Member

I'm on my 4th set of Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips....love em. They are totally balanced from the factory...last well and have nice road manners....not too loud till they get really worn and perform great off road. Check them out.