1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mud Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 99ChevyZ71, Feb 19, 2010.

1. 99ChevyZ71

99ChevyZ71 Rockstar

Just wandering what seems to be the most popular Mud Tire out there? Seeing as I will be needing new tires soon.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i just got some Dunlop Rover M/T, and they are great!! Better then the BFG ATs that i had. These are a mud tire that are rated very high for ice and snow as well. As for road noise they are almost equal to the BFGs I had on.
  3. 99ChevyZ71

99ChevyZ71 Rockstar

Thanks, im not worried about any ice or snow don't really have to worry about that here
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have BFG M/T's on my Blazer, and Toyo M/T's on my Silverado. Both are great and the Toyo's are holding up nicely on my 2500HD for such a heavy truck.
  5. 99ChevyZ71

99ChevyZ71 Rockstar

Thanks, been looking at the cooper discoverer stt which from my understanding is a very similar tread pattern :fighting0040:
  6. hbfsbull

hbfsbull Member

Im running hancook dyna pro mt's . Awesome tire and very well priced
  7. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

My uncle owns the Lead Hill Tire Shop and i work there with him alot, and in our experience, the Cooper Discoverer STT's are one of the the best mud tires around. They look great and perform great. Id go with them.
  8. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Im running Toyo MT's and love them. They handle great on and off road and are very quiet on road.
  9. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Toyo MT's here and love them!!!
  10. gfitzge33

gfitzge33 Member

nitto trail grappler m/t's are the way to go!!!