1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Muddin in central alabama

Discussion in 'AL - Alabama Chevy Truck Club' started by CarpenterGuy, Aug 15, 2008.

1. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Does anyone know a good place to go mudding in central alabama?
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

anywhere around tuscaloosa?
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Down here in lower Alabama theres a new park called Boggs and Boulders. Its 850 acres with everything from mud pits to trail riding. Its very well run. Check out there website Boggs and Boulders.com. the have a 10,000 sq. ft. arena, camping for RVs or tents. This Labor Day weekend there having Redneck Woodstock.
  4. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

redneck woodstock??sound like im missn out!theres a place up here called coal mine on bremley mountain.but i dont know if theyre lettin peple up there anymore
  5. CarpenterGuy

oh sweet. i heard of a place up in gardendale that i beleive has mud pits and alot of boulders. my truck, suspension wise, is stock as of right now. you think i could get around those pits?
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Back when I was stationed in Georgia we made trips to a place near Anniston Army Depot and Fort McClellan, locals called it the "power line run" or "the power lines" it was old power line right of ways that crossed an unused railroad and some closed mine pits and roads, the area ran north from Anniston up to Gadsden, the main trail was 57 miles long and had branch's off everywhere that were full of mud holes and muddy hills to climb, some of the mines had slag heaps and deep mud holes to run through. Some of the locals had a good buisiness going cruizing the trails and pulling out stuck trucks for a price, usually not very cheap, but what are ya gonna do when your looking at 3 rednecks and you suspect as soon as you leave your truck to go find help their gonna strip it to the frame.

Dont know how much of it would be open anymore I was last up there in 99.

In Bessemer, Al. there used to be a Jeep Club based out of Leo Rosser Jeep that welcomed any off-road vehicles to run with them, they had some local mud pits they ran every few weeks. Try googling "Leon Rosser" and see if they still have the club. These are the same guys that showed me the place near Anniston, Al.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  7. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

ill have to check that out.i have to go down to Ft McClellan every now and then for drills so ill ask around next time im down there
  8. CarpenterGuy

let me know what you find out when you head up there. that sounds like alot of fun
  9. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Any of these places good for stock ride hieght trucks becuase its gunna be awhile before i can affored a lift UA isnt cheap
  10. CarpenterGuy

yeah, i've got a stock suspension set up on my truck. can i run my truck stock on any of these?