1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

muddin

Discussion in 'North America - Southwest USA' started by chevy1500, Feb 2, 2009.

1. chevy1500

chevy1500 New Member

any good places around abilene texas to go muddin at. got the new truck wanna try it out in the texas clay mud

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Some friends of mine go muddin around OC Fisher lake near San Angelo, I've never been out there but they took some good pics and it looks like they had a lot of fun.

3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

How far is he from Gilmer??? ... if that park is still even open:neutral:

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Gilmers still open. But he's about 6 hours from there. OC Fischer is probably only a little more than an hour from him.
    Lake Fort used to have some decent mudholes on the north side to play in. I dunno if the water levels come up in the last year though.

5. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

We usually go to Alto.. Shilo Ridge ORV

6. chevy1500

chevy1500 New Member

i found a couple spots out towards clyde texas way that are some what decent. there is also a place up by ft phantom lake, but i dunno if it technically a mudding hole but there is prolly over 3 miles of trails with some decent mud holes along the way. i havent been able to get all the way through cause there are so many twists and turns in there.