Mudding... IN THE CITY?!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ShadowRejects, Jan 25, 2012.

1. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects New Member

haha hey guys, i went out last night and today and did a little 'mudding'. i live in a city with 100,000 people and found a sweet spot next to my old elementary school i use to goto. it rained for 2 days straight and i was running 30PSi and was trying to mud! haha almost got stuck a few times. u can see me drifting and getting sideways coming up the hill in a few scenes, hope yall like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waxH...xt=C3dc7378UDOEgsToPDskJPVli_BgON1pBu8F2_Sb6i
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Cool video....glad you were able to get in some Winter fun; looks like it was a blast! I'm getting cabin fever around here already and can't wait till truck playing season comes around again. Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  3. darkness-lies-

darkness-lies- New Member

i do this in my back yard! but i gotta be careful mine truck is only 2wd.
  4. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects New Member

same here my friend :) man it was such a blast! i went to that same location 3 times today! haha i just got back from it again, i hit that muddy puddle going about 25 mph and muddied up the sides of my truck! haha. cant wait til it rains more so i can be deeper. i needa lower the PSI in the tires next time i go out, almost got stuck in a different puddle similar to this but much more soupier. Thanks for the comment man

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

ah man thats a bummer. all this was in 2wd. only 4wd i had to do was at the begining, i almost slid into the neighbors fence from it being so muddy. so i threw it into 4 and floored it around. as long as you have a z71 with a posi in the rear, you should be good to go. i do alot of my wheelin' in 2wd, its more of a challenge.
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

Looks like some fun
  6. reston

reston New Member

Thank you for sharing this video. It definitely looks like fun and it's awesome that you've got the opportunity to do this ;) Am I allowed to ask which program you have used to make the video? I plan to make my own video as well and need some advise what's the best way to cut it afterwards.
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

looks like it was fun!

wish i could do that around here, im in the same boat, nearest off road park is a good drive away....

the mps have taken a dim view of me off roading on post as well.

Alex
  8. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects New Member

it was! haha im wanting to go back today and do a little better filming job, plus the rain soaked into the mud so its really soupy, but maybe on friday i will. atleast then i can wake up early and go out so i dont have people staring at me this time. haha

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

it sucks doesnt man, theres a few small ''mudding'' areas around my city, dont be afraid to look behind buildings and stuff with fields behind them, at my local lowes maybe 3 miles away there is 2 really muddy roads that have some DEEP runs in them, alot of people drive through them, and after it rains, its pretty slick. only issue is i would feel bad leaving mud trails in the lowes parkinglot. but i found this spot one day just looking around and its 1 minute away from my house!

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

no problem man, its very fun even though it was a small puddle! and for the program i used sony vegas 10.0 platinum edition, this editing is nothing compared to what you can do, its a veryyyyy fancy editor and very unique! let me know if you need more unput
  9. Nice vid. Always fun to get in some mud and romp it a bit. I miss offroading! haven't been in a while, hopefully will be hitting some trails in the Spring.
  10. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects New Member

thanks man :) and amen to that!:great:
  11. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla New Member

Cool video, the last time I went off-roading was about 7 years ago and I had my 4WD F-150, and my buddy had an S-10 with a 350 in it.. we both had to get each other unstuck quite a few times that night.. definitely could see you getting squirrely in the video.. good times man!!
  12. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects New Member

Dang that's too long!! and haha its not fun if you ain't gettin stuck! haha i almost got stuck today. Since the tires are at 30-35 PSI, you might as well slap plastic tires on a truck and go wheelin' i slowly drove in in 2wd and immediatly sank. ahah i was about to start freakin out because it was late and i couldnt afford getting stuck in such a small puddle. so i put it into 4wd and still stuck. i blame open diffs, but man once the limited slip posi kicked it, i jerked me backwards and i drove out like it was nothing. next time, im definately letting some air out of the tires! haha.
  13. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

Looks like a but of fun. Wonder what it would be like at full speed.
  14. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects New Member

Hahaha good question. might try that soon!
  15. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member

haha me and my old room mate got in trouble for mudding in the back forty of fort campbell....

but shadow looks like you had fun right now its playtime with snow up here drifting around...
  16. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member

Its always fun to check out your trucks capabilities!!!!
  17. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects New Member

lucky! its suppose to snow up here soon so im a little excited! you should do a video!

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

amen to that
  18. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member

[MENTION=49992]ShadowRejects[/MENTION] sadly Lake Superior keeps pushing the snow away from us...and its been warmer than normal so any snow we get melts:grrrrrr: i just wish it would so i could have some fun
  19. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects New Member

haha that sucks!!! weather down here is kickin my a$$ too. one day its 24 degrees and then its 70 the next..... sigh. dont worry man. ur not alone!