1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mudflap Brainstorming.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ChevyHD, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ChevyHD

ChevyHD New Member 100 Posts

I've already had duraflaps on my truck. Unfortunately they make this great beverage that gives you the best ideas. Long story short, I lost them in a ditch somewhere. Now I want to buy a set again but the only thing that holds me back is them possibly getting ripped off again while offroading. ( I do enjoy those beverages.) So I was wondering if any of you have any ideas that you have or maybe heard of or saw. Any thoughts,comments,ideas would be appreciated! Thanks.

P.S. Always designate a driver to get you from one mudding hole to the next!!
  2. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wouldn't it be great if we could get GMTRUCKCLUB mud flaps?
  3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have seen some nice ones made out of diamond plate aluminum.
  4. ChevyHD

While those mudflaps do look sharp, my goal is to eliminate all chrome and stainless steel on my truck. Of course I could paint them but would they get bent in the deep stuff?

That would be pretty neat. Maybe this idea should be looked into!
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If he's ripping off flexible mud flaps I can only imagine the damage he'll do with a set of fixed non-flexible flaps.
    Ever thought of removeable flaps? Of course after a few of those miracle drinks your fond of you may not remember to remove them in time and they would end up removing themselves, probably with some paint and other parts you'd be fond of.
    On my Rock Buggy I had a set that were attached to a rod with a fitting in the wheel well the rod slid into where I put a retaining pin to hold them on. We only used them when we were on paved roads, but since my Buggies not street legal anymore I took them off.
  6. ChevyHD

Thats what I was kind of thinking about non-flexible ones. But I'm thinking Ill have to fabricate something like what you had on your buggy because that would be awesome.
  7. roughcntryrado

roughcntryrado New Member

I actually just put on a nice set of thick rubber CAT mudflaps on very nice and durable not sure if your looking for something like that or not
  8. ChevyHD

Thats what duraflaps are. I'm having a problem to keep them from ripping off.