Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Muffler Choice

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by NealC11, Sep 20, 2008.

1. NealC11

NealC11 New Member

I have a 2001 Silverado 2WD with the 4.8 engine. I am going to put a new exhaust system on it and I am trying to decide what mufflers to go with. I am going to run a true dual system, either 2.25" or 2.5," with an H-pipe and Dynomax Super Converters. I am torn between Thrush Welded Mufflers and Cherry Bomb Glasspacks. I want something with a deep, toned sound at idle and tough sound under mild acceleration. I would also like it to sound wicked under strong acceleration, but not be too loud on the highway. I really don't want that drone sound at cruising speeds. What do y'all suggest?
  2. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

i had corsa on my 02 avalanche single outlet and loved it. on my 05 gto ive got the corsa sport with dual sounds also great. on my 05 avalanche like you undesided on what i want like you but $ factor. im sure if you go to those web sites you can get a sound clip. the cherry bomb i myself was considering and also the bassani.
  3. mtj63

mtj63 New Member

you probaly want the mufler i have then. it is a cherry bomb extreme (not a glass pack an actually muffler by cherrybomb) it has the rumble at idle the growl at acceleration and when you get on it it is badass. on the highway there isnt that much drone. ive also noriced performance gains i have a bone stock truck execp for the exhaust. all it is the original cat leading back to the muffler with a 3 inch inlet and dual 2.5 inch outlets. it sounds good. also if u want a nice growl get some hughe tips like me right now i have 22 inch long by 4 inch wide tips it helps it resonate better. good luck
  4. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My single dumped Flowmaster kinda drones on the hwy. :neutral: