1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Muffler Options

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Metaluzc, May 29, 2010.

1. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member

I am going to list a few choices of "performance" mufflers that I have looked at, would appreciate any opinions/advice/personal experiences, about which muffler is worth buying:

1. Magnaflow Stainless Steel Round Body- 6" x 14", 2.5" inlet/outlet, $72.69 a piece. 6" x 18", 2.5" inlet/outlet, $81.79 a piece.

2. Magnaflow Stainless Round- 6" x 14", 2.5" inlet/outlet, $88.56 a piece.

3. Magnaflow Street Series with Tips- 4" round double-wall straight-cut, 2.25" inlet, $108.36 a piece.

4. Flowmaster 40 Series American Thunder- 3" inlet/outlet, $80.95 a piece.

5. Flowmaster Super 44 Series- 3" inlet/outlet, $87.95 a piece.

6. Flowmaster Super 44 Off-Road Series- 3" inlet/outlet, $104.95 a piece.

7. Flowmaster Super 44 Series 409S Stainless Steel- 3" inlet/outlet, $92.95 a piece.

8. Flowmaster Super 40 Series- 3" inlet/outlet, $92.95 a piece.

9. Bassani- 8" x 16", 2.5" inlet/outlet, $89.00 a piece.

10. Thrush Turbo Muffler- 2.25" inlet/outlet, $37.50 a piece.

This was just a quick search. If anyone knows of other brands that I missed and/or better pricing on the ones I listed, please let me know.
  2. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

This isn't one of your choices but I am serious when I say at least look into a cherry bomb vortex muffler. http://www.cherrybomb.com/products/vortex
    I have one on my 03 Silverado and I love it! Aggressive sound and better performance. Paid $80 for mine. Just look it up, they have recordings of the sound.
  3. hundojoe

hundojoe New Member

I always have put flowmasters on all my trucks, the y have a sound that I love, but check out youtube. type in the different brands of mufflers for silverado and listen to what they all sound like. The sound can be a very personal thing.
  4. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member

I'm looking for more performance rather than a great sound. I was thinking about going true-duals and that's why I asked about which mufflers would be the best bang for the buck.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like Magnaflow's.
  6. adam0285

adam0285 New Member

I also enjoy Magnaflow, not as aggressive a sound as Flowmaster but I like it a lot.
  7. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member

Did you see any gain from your hi-flow cats adam0285? I was thinking about them but wasn't sure if they are worth it. Thinking true duals with hi-flow cats and performance mufflers. Would two hi-flow cats be over doing it even on true duals, anyone know?
  8. Stealthy GMC

Stealthy GMC New Member

I have a Magnaflow 6 x 14 with single 3" inlet and duel 2.5" outlets. It's the most aggressive sounding muffler I'v had. I've had it for about a year now and it's gotten louder. It sounds great but I really considering getting me something a little bit quieter.
  9. kburb

kburb New Member ROTM Winner

check out performancepeddler.com, got my magna flow CHEAP, actually named my own price.
  10. 02 Heavy Chevy

02 Heavy Chevy New Member

I put the flowmaster super 44 on my 5.3 and love how it sounds. It's real deep but not too annoying for long drive times.