Muffler poll!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ntbush83, Sep 9, 2011.

1. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ok here it is! I need some help from y'all. I've had my true dual exhaust on with dual glass packs for over two years now. I love that its loud but to be honest it just snaps and claps way to much and makes it sound cheap. I can take a little clap but this is to where there is no deep rumble, just snap. I've decided its time for a new muffler! I've looked at flowmaster 40 series and dynomax ultra-flo welded series because I still want it to be loud! What mufflers is everyone else running and what suggestions do you have?! Thanks! :happy:

2. pray1140

pray1140 New Member

Flowmaster Super 44 very aggresive sound. I enjoy mine

3. ntbush83

How's the drone on the interstate?

4. jccraveswaves

jccraveswaves New Member

I have had flowmaster mufflers on both of my trucks wont use any other brand best bang for the buck!

5. pray1140

pray1140 New Member

I have had it two ways.

1) Dumped right at the cab//bed break- Very Loud, Especially while you are on the Highway. It was almost to the point that I could not really carry on a conversation while i was driving.

2) I ran straight pipes out the back- Still a very aggressive loud sound, but you were not completely drowned out. Definitely could still hear it in the cab of the truck, but still listen to the radio and carry on a conversation.

6. ntbush83

Thanks! Thats really what I'm leaning towards. Anytime I hear a good sounding truck I ask them what they've got and usually they say flowmaster! Plus it helps they are cheaper than the others!

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Yeah I can see where right under the cab sure would be loud. Right now I've got mine out the back and I've got no drone at all. Its strange for such a loud truck I can't hear it on the interstate at all!

7. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

On my 95 I have dual Flowmaster 40's and I love them. Loud when I want them to be, quiet when I want that. On my Sierra, I have a knock off Ebay brand version of Flowmaster's 10 series, which is a 1 chamber muffler. I have it turned out to the side, exiting just before the pass. rear tire. It's the same thing as the Flowmasters on my 95, loud on demand, but quiet anytime else. My dual 40's are louder than my 1 chamber because I don't have cats on that truck, but the 1 chamber is way more deep than the 40's. Its all about what the system consists of. Headers? Aftermarket pipe? High flow cats? ETC ETC. To give an example, I had a guy bring a dodge scsb with the 5.7 into my shop today. It sounded super aggressive and deep. He had some crappy muffler on it, but some ceramic coated headers and 3in pipe leading into that muffler.

8. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I have a Flowmaster also but I have a 50 series. It of course is not as loud as the 40 but it is deeper and I love it. I rather have that deep tone then loud IMO plus ppl that ask me about it love the way it sounds, but I agree with the others flowmaster is the way to go

9. ntbush83

Yeah I've always wanted headers but just haven't been able to justify them yet. Especially since the plan is by next summer to have a turbo on my truck :) so that will require a new exhaust system anyways! I haven't talked about that plan much though!

Thanks for the help Chrome! I may have to look up some videos and compare the 40 and 50 series to see what I like best!

10. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

got a super 40 on mine, dual tips out the back, nice and lowd when you romp on it, quiet other wise. couple RPM bands where it drones a bit, but I just dont drive there to much. :-D

Alex