1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mufflers?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Tapper1823, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Tapper1823

Tapper1823 Member

I have 2.5 inch pipeing true dual with no mufflers it really loud and snappy . Im kind of getting sick of it. What brand of mufflers could i buy that would make my exhaust deap tone but still be loud? and not be to expensive. keepi in mind i want to to be loud but a different loud than it is now I want it deep throaty. any sugestions??
  2. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Flowmaster :party:
    Or Borla. My Flowmaster Super 44 was $70 dollars, and I installed it myself for free.
  3. Tapper1823

Tapper1823 Member

another thing i was thinking about was since mine are true dual should i buy a muffler for each pipe or one with dual inlets. which would be louder? cause i know true duals are louder.
  4. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

True duals, 2 mufflers will be louder. If you like it to be loud sometimes but not always, I'd suggest single flowmaster 40 series with a manual cut-out. With the cut-out you'll be able to bypass the muffler if you so fit by undoing 3 screws that takes 15 secs. I had this setup on my last truck and loved it. :great: best part is the muffler is like 65 dollars and the cut-out is I think 30. It's best to have it all welded up by a shop so I'd say out the door with maybe $150.
  5. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

Cherry bombs or magna flow and bassani Borla and corsa are also better but expensive. You can chck ebay and might find something cheap there. Sorry not a fan of flow masters. I dont want my chevy to sound like a ford .
  6. finalday7

I'd love for my GM to sound like a Mustang. ( Please don't hate me but they sound amazing with the right set-up)
  7. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Those Mustangs sound nice my neighbor has the 08 and it just sounds nice and sweet when he gives it a little gas. I would also love to have the hoe sound so sweet :)
  8. Tapper1823

Tapper1823 Member

I think im going to do dual super 44's with dual cut outs before the mufflers! then i get the best of both worlds. I also found 3 1/2 turndowns that you can put on the cut-outs
  9. Tapper1823

Tapper1823 Member

one question do the turn downs mess up the flow at all since they have that extra pipe coming down?
  10. finalday7

I don't think they would mess up the flow since they would be attached to the cut-out and only come into play when the cut-out's are open. I'm just wondering if your going to have a problem with backpressure or leaking with all the tubing and routing going on?