1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mufflers?????

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 4.8chevysilverado07, Nov 8, 2010.

1. 4.8chevysilverado07

4.8chevysilverado07 New Member 100 Posts

ok i have a 2007 new body 4.8 with a cherry bomb extreme muffler on it it just cat back no headers or aftermarket cats and i was thinking about switching to a slp loudmouth 2 or a dynomax bullet but i dont know which one to go with i want it loud but still sound good so what yall think i should go with a change or leave it how it is???
  2. SmokeU

SmokeU New Member 100 Posts

I wouldn't change the muffler, just add some headers and it should be better
  3. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI New Member 100 Posts

If you do decide to go with the headers, go ahead and spring for the LTs. You can also look into getting a set of high flow cats.
  4. 4.8chevysilverado07

i was thinking about doin that with the lt headers but no cats
  5. KWG08VMI

A lot of LT setups don't even have cats and the ones that do, are pretty pricey. If you already have a cat back system it will have to be modified to accept the LTs.
  6. 4.8chevysilverado07

i was thinkin about runnin 3" pipe in it
  7. KWG08VMI

I know the stock pipe for the 5.3 (not sure about the 4.8) is 3" until you get to the muffler and i would think that you cat back system already has a 3" pipe. the Pacesetter LTs have 3" collectors and with the Pacesetter 3" Y pipe you shouldn't have much pipe left. You may want to just take you cat bask system off (put it one E-Bay) and just run a 3" pipe straight to the back.
  8. eightbol21

eightbol21 New Member

why is there an ad for ford cars on this post?
  9. dualdj1

dualdj1 New Member 100 Posts

I've used the dynomax superturbos on both ford and chevy applications, and love them. they've got a great low rumble at idle, and a nice roar when you get on it, but not obnoxiously loud.
  10. chevyj83

chevyj83 New Member

ive got a '10 silverado with the 5.3 and ive only have the factory cats and a Y-pipe where the muffler was. its not obnoxious by anymeans and it sounds amazing, everyone around here says its one of the best sounding trucks around where i live. idk how the 4.8 would sound with the lower displacement but i thought itd throw my 2cents in