1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

MUfflers?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by hardwickn, Dec 28, 2010.

1. hardwickn

hardwickn Rockstar

ok i understand that some you live in states that requier them. but as for me i dont. are mufflers needed for performance. or just there to muffle the sound. i know back pressure one some trucks is important. but is it on mine. what mufflers do you recommend. planing on throwing some long tubes. any suggestions on brand size finish. any thing will help thank. side note looking at new heads some where down the road to. with possible a new intake man. thanks for all the help
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Long tube, equal length 4 into ones, or Tri Y headers are a definite plus (don't waste your money on "shorty" headers). As far as mufflers, if you don't need them in your state/county, don't use them. You'll save weight without them. If you do need or want mufflers, Magnaflow & Flowmaster are the two favorites among members here from all the responses Ive seen.
    For heads & manifolds Edelbrock is a good place to start, if you can afford them. The manifolds aren't too expensive but their heads are
  3. hardwickn

hardwickn Rockstar

ill see what else i cant find out about it lol