1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Multi-page Thread Issues 2013

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by dobey, Jan 3, 2013.

1. dobey

dobey Member 100 Posts

I'm not sure what's going on exactly, but there is some really weird behavior with threads, when they overflow onto a new page, and there are only a couple of posts on the new page. I'll click on the next page, last page, or page number links, and will get taken to a completely different thread, in a different forum. What is going on?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

This tends to happen with threads whose titles/subjects end in digits. I have no idea why, but those are the only ones with which I see that behaviour.

@Pikey? @Enkeiavalanche? @moogvo? You guys aware of this? It's been around for a long time...
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I just saw this for the first time on my post about the E-15 gas.. I go to page 2 and I see a OLD post about Steve talking about 06 Chevy's.....
  4. SurrealOne

Renaming the thread so that it doesn't end in a digit will probably correct it. Give it a try?
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Done.. you were right...
  6. SurrealOne

Steve kinda needs to fix that bug. It's pretty clear it's a logic problem in the thread navigation code and since the nature of the problem (i.e. trailing digit in thread subject/title) is known and a workaround exists, it should be easy to isolate and fix.
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well, now I know how to fix it. I have run into it multiple times lately.
  8. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It definitely sounds like it's a bug in the forum code. Unfortunately, this isn't running on code Steve wrote and is very complex. Perhaps there is already a fix for the code he can implement to fix it. However, in the mean time, the other Moderators and myself will keep an eye out for threads that have numbers at the end and rename them accordingly.
  9. dobey

dobey Member 100 Posts

Thanks all.
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Rename them all!!!! :gasp: J/K We will look into it.....