Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Muscle Trucks!!! Wild Engine Setups! Show us what you got!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Cajun Road Warrior, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Muscle Trucks!!! Wild Engine Setups! What's out there?

Hello everyone!! Greetings from the deep south!!:mdr:

I have spent a whole lot of time and mula building my truck. I posted a few pics and no one comments. I mean is it cool? Does it suck? I donĀ“t know what people think about the work I put into this.

So I thought why not start a new forum about muscle trucks. Lets all see what guys have built. Show off your mods and lets vote on these things! Is it just flashy? Is all buisiness? Is it both? What kind of power are you making?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  2. southside2402

southside2402 New Member

Holy mother of *&^! Man that is SWEET! I've been thinkin about swappin my Z71 for a 2wd ex cab and seein what kinda damage I can do...

3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Daaaaaammmnn.....that sure is a sexy motor haha. How much HP & FT LB you making?

4. Z-71

Z-71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks good to me!

5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Cajun, never commented cuz I never saw it before. How many thousands of hours you have in that? My comment---> HOLY SH*T!! That's nice.

p.s. oh yeah forgot, it's cool, & it really sucks too, like about 1400 cfm lol

edit** Nice work on the accessory drive too.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  6. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 Rockstar 100 Posts

X2 on what Stephan said. Would have commented but must have missed post. You sir, have done some amazing work. must tell us what power it makes.

7. Thanks for the comments guys. I ran out of money after the oil spill in the gulf shut down the field services division of SMI companies. I spent thousands putting this engine together and just when I'm nearly done BP happens. I have a few vids on Youtube of this thing running. Just look for user Cajun Road Warrior on youtube. I still need a new ECM from Dynamic EFI to get it running right. Brian Harris of TBI chips got the tuning this far but waiting for mail and chip swaping is a pain. I need to tune it myself on the fly.

According to the Desktop Dyno this setup should put out a conservative 480hp. Even with a bad tune it still destroys tires. On one vid I did a long burnout at half throttle; any more throttle and the engine would stall. I found out I had a bad TPS sensor and replaced it. I still have a long way to go. I plan to install a blackout billet grill and 305/45ZR22" tires soon and slam this truck. I still have to do some brake upgrades and a 1 ton axle swap. I know as soon as a put the nearly 500lbft of torque to the ground I'll snap the stock axle like a twig. This engine's torque at just 2000rpm is 402lbft. That's why I rips up tires so bad.

Latter I'll drop in a 6L80E.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

8. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

That motor is unreal!

9. my guages

Does anyone know how do you get sponsored for car shows and stuff? I've gone as far as I can go financially with this project. I need some help.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  10. southside2402

southside2402 New Member

Man that's a sweet cluster to go with it... Hey what tranny you got in there now?