1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Muteki Mud Hogs?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Kdogg05, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Kdogg05

Kdogg05 New Member

So its time for new tires and I wanted to buy the same Firestone Destination M/T's I had before but cant find them in the size I need anymore (285/70 R17). Anyone know if that size is discontinued?? Also, any of you heard of the Muteki Mud Hog? Never heard of them before and was wondering who makes them. Pic attached.

Muteki_Mud_Hog.jpg
  2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

does Kanati actually make the mud hog tire,
    around 226.00 bucks in your size. They seem to have good reviews.

Attached Files:

3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

firestone still shows the tire in that size on their website. Never heard of the other tire.
  4. Kdogg05

Kdogg05 New Member

Ya I found later that Kanati makes the exact same tire. Maybe Kanati and Muteki are in cahoots with each other. And that firestone size seems to be available on the U.S. Website but not in Canada maybe. Says out of stock.
  5. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 100 Posts

I just bought a set of super swamper irok nd's in that size thru 4wheelparts for $160 each. Just something to think about.
  6. alwaysasking101

alwaysasking101 New Member

Yes from what I know, Muteki tires are made by Kanati Tires.
    I have both the Kanati Mud Hog and Trial Hog. The Trail Hog is a great All terrain tire with mountain snowflake rating.

Here is the website if you are interested to find out more about Kanati tires. http://www.kanatitires.com/

I believe Kanati Tires has another parent company called GBC Motorsports. Which is a very well known brand in UTV, ATV industry here in the U.S.