MX6 shocks

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by dsfloyd, Jul 6, 2009.

1. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I just put a 6 in procomp lift with MX6 shocks on my 04 silverado 2500. my question is has anyone used these shocks and what is your opinion. The reason is that I have the shocks turned as firm as they will go and they are still way to soft. On other vehicles I have heard that they are too stiff. Just wanted to see before calling procomp and seeing if the stamped numbers on the shock go with the correct part number. Wanted to see if people liked the shocks or if they prefered another brand.

2. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I love mine! Had em for about 2 years now. Only had to replace one so far, and all I had to pay was shipping. I replaced the ProComp lift with BDS, but kept the shocks b/c I love them so much.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well I had the Pro Comp 6" lift, with the MX6 shocks on my last truck and it was a real nice ride. I had them set on 4 all the time, and it was a really soft ride but I liked it that way. By the way my truck was a 1500 Z-71, so that might be different than your 2500. They were a very good shock I thought, although I also had one go bad on me at 5,000 miles. It just completely lost all of it's fluid, but the dealer replaced it for free thankfully.

4. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've heard the MX 6 shocks are good if set to a low number. I went with bilstein and really like them although they are not adjstable. Did you go with a hoop and dual shocks each side. I hear thats recomended if you are going to pull any load, if not you are OK with singles.

5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Yeah I tried them at the low setting too and noticed that on a choppy road they valved nicely. My biggest complaint is more with dips in a road or highway, with those the front in takes about 5 or 6 rebounds before settling at both high and low settings. I only have the singles but dont do much hauling at this point. I guess I got used to the really stiff stock ride so now it just doesn't feel right.

thanks

6. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

Enjoy the smooth ride!

7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i have heard decent things about these shocks, although i am not really a pro comp fan anyway