my 09 towing

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by 09sliverado, Jul 17, 2009.

1. 09sliverado

09sliverado Member

finally had some good weather to get everything all hooked up to test tow. we had the trailer marked where the jeep should sit when towing with my old titan so we decided to use the same exact spot which turned out to be perfect. we jumped on the highway and had no issues getting to 65mph and took it up to 75mph at around 3000rpms and the tranny topped out at 200 degrees. i could tell the 3.42 gears were working but with the 6spd auto everything seemes to even itself out. i was very happy when all was done
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a just because pic. actually this was taken after we had just unloaded 1700lbs of top soil. i should have taken a pic with it squatting, only squatted about 1.5"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  2. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I like your neighborhood.

3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

it is a nice looking neighborhood

4. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

She doesn't look to be squatting too much with that Jeep on the trailer.

5. 09sliverado

09sliverado Member

maybe "1/4 if that. one thing i did notice is while loading the jeep onto the trailer the rear tires came off the ground several inches, never had that problem with the titan and this truck sits higher.

6. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It honestly just depends on each individual truck. When we loaded our John Deere 1070 with 440 front end loader and 5' Woods Bushhog onto my dad's old 95 C1500, the rear tires picked up. We loaded it up on my dad's 02 1500 HD, and the rear tires never left the ground. If it happens again and you don't like it, just throw a block of wood under the end of the trailer. We do that just in case the trailer were to come off the truck some how. We had that happen when loading a 51 Chevy 3600 onto the same trailer and it dented my dad's tail gate.

7. 09sliverado

09sliverado Member

i didnt even think of the block of wood and we had a piece sitting near by!! or i could use my ramp to see if that helps, its just something seems wrong to use ramps when you can climb right up with the jeep

8. 09sliverado

09sliverado Member

new pic from today with my 5x10 trailer and my 08 can am outlander 500

Attached Files:

9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What kind of dog on your avatar?

10. 09sliverado

09sliverado Member

33lb 4 month old yellow lab

Attached Files: