My 1995 Silverado Build/Pic Thread

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by 95C1500, Jan 4, 2014.

1. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

When my grandpa died in February 2012, I inherited (he wanted me to have it) his truck. It has only 71,xxx miles on it with the 5.7L 350 V8 and 3.42 gears. It is a 2WD and although I like the lowered look, it just isn't my style. So I plan on lifting it a little, throwing on some wheels/tires, and making it sound better. It will be VERY slow due to the fact I'm in highschool with no job with a couple $hundred saved. If you have any questions or comments there is another thread in "Member Trucks" where you can comment/ask. Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Tow Hooks: $40 from ebay
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And an updated pic of the truck as it sits now-
    [​IMG] Lift
    [​IMG]
    This is how the truck sits right now
    [​IMG] Rough Country 2" lift on 235/75r15 tires:
    [​IMG]
    Coil Spring:
    [​IMG]
    Rear Block, U-Bolts and Shocks:
    [​IMG]
    Front Fender Measurement: ~34.5"
    [​IMG]
    Rear Fender Measurement: ~35.5"
    [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

[​IMG]
    Pioneer DEH-X6500BT Head Unit
    [​IMG]
    The Remote
    [​IMG]
    Pioneer TS-A1674R Speakers (No pics because they are behind the factory mesh)
    Features:
    - USB port
    - Aux Port
    - Hands free calling :cool: [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Installed Bull Rings
    [​IMG] Magnaflow Catalytic Converter
    [​IMG]
    Spintech Sportsman 3000 w/ turndown
    [​IMG]
    My Rough Counry shock just because
    [​IMG] Exhaust Vid #1

- - - Updated - - -

Exhaust Vid #2
    OEM Hitch
    [​IMG]
    Driving Lights
    [​IMG]
    and then I installed my cd delete cubby I've had for a while...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Then I did the 4 hi mod yesterday... Relay and connections
    [​IMG]
    I tracked the positive battery cable back to the fuse block and used a ring terminal to attach the inline fuse.
    [​IMG]
    Low Beams
    [​IMG]
    4 High
    [​IMG] Ordered some lights today... http://www.ebay.com/itm/290862572316 They should look like this when done... [​IMG]
  2. the phantom

the phantom New Member

First of all sorry to hear about your Grampa. Secondly I think he would be proud of everything your doing to it that makes it what you want.. The fact that your putting money into it and improving it shows just how much respect you have for your grampa and the truck. I think your mods look great!!! keep up the good work!!!
  3. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

[MENTION=54154]the phantom[/MENTION] Thanks man! I love this truck more than life itself haha!
  4. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

got my headlights in, sealed up and on... [​IMG] Anyone know how to bring them back into the grille? They stick out way farther than stock. I swapped the stock mounting bracket onto the new lights butt he part with the aiming screws doesn't come off.
  5. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

scored this little beauty for $75 on CL[​IMG]
  6. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

Had a little bit of bad luck. At 85,000 miles, I lost all forward gears on the way to school. Called my dad and he towed me to the transmission shop... [​IMG] so $1500 later and I have a rebuilt transmission. For now, I'm just driving it. Going to order some new wheels and tires when I can afford it. Thanks for looking!
  7. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

Scored some LED tails for $50...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. tpreston1989

tpreston1989 New Member

ive been thinking about doing the high beam relay mod myself so that i can keep my HID lights on when i switch to high beams and then wire in another HID kit into the high beams as well. When you switch to your high beams, does anything at all happen to the low beams? do they flash at all or anything or do they constantly stay on without interruption?
  9. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

did the new light housings affect the output or distribution of light any or are they just as good as stock?
  10. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

They stay on constantly. As far as I can tell anyways.
    just as good if not better. adjusters were crap though and as I was adjusting them I was really thinking they were going to snap. I think one did break but I already had it where I needed. If you find a link to these lights, please pm it to me. The link I had no longer works.

Looks like wheel cylinders and a rear brake rebuild up next.... yay me... :(
    [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -
    [MENTION=67613]tpreston1989[/MENTION] It depends on the truck though. Some people who do this mod experience weird problems like turn signals not working properly afterwards, etc... I guess I was lucky because everything works fine for me.
  11. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Thanks. Looks like axle seal may be in order too
  12. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

13. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

You already have black and "chrome" and actual chrome and stainless everywhere on that truck. I'd say the bottom pic! Looks good from that angle
  14. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

60" Rampage LED tailgate bar. $45 with a 3 year warranty.
    [​IMG]
  15. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

Guess what came a day early???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guess what didn't come that I need???
    lugnuts and valve stems...
  16. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

Here they are...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and my new favorite...
    [​IMG]
  17. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

[MENTION=56081]95C1500[/MENTION] I like it, I was going to ask you how did you get the 4 high headlights?
  18. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

19. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

Bought a 24" LED light bar on ebay for $65. Bright as hell...
    [​IMG]
    and the 4 corner mod...
    [​IMG]
  20. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member