My 1998 K1500 Silverado Z71 Picture Log

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by hishiad, Mar 12, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. hishiad

hishiad New Member

Basically this is the only acceptable location I found for the type of thread I'm creating. I'm going to just keep a picture log book of the truck as I take on task to improve it. I'll start with a few regular how it is now pictures. The first being my first top off at the gas station (79 bucks from E!!!!)

[​IMG]

Will snap a few from different angles tomorrow. I took off the toolbox and the rail guards already (wanted more bed space). First task coming up is replacing the exterior door handles and the interior power mirror switch.

I guess follow along if you want to see the truck as it progresses!!! Thanks for viewing (mods/admin if this is the wrong place for this type of thread let me know)​

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You're in the right place for this type of thread....and it's definitely a good one to start. It's fun to watch someone's pride and joy grow over time. Your body style is one of my favorites and am looking forward to watching the progress.
  3. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

Another good idea is to post pics under your profile. It makes it easier for members to quickly check out your ride. In example when I put on my new grille i added a new pic but kept an old one up that had the old grille on it.
  4. hishiad

hishiad New Member

Few More "stock" pictures (I say stock cause this is as I bought it)

Side Driver's Side
    [​IMG]

Back Corner Driver's Side
    [​IMG]

Passenger's Side
    [​IMG]

Front
    [​IMG]
  5. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog New Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

sweet Ride:sign0173: dirty dog #1a.jpg
  6. hishiad

hishiad New Member

Thanks Dirty Dog!!!

Here's a couple more and then my first projects to tackle (likely tomorrow evening if parts show up).

Interior Driver's Side
    [​IMG]

Rear
    [​IMG]

First Project = Replacing Door Handles (Driver's Side is busted going to replace both at same time to keep 'em uniform)
    [​IMG]

Second Project = Replacing the Power Mirror Switch
    [​IMG]

Also going to try and clean the carpet better, possibly this weekend if weather is nice. Will take out both seats for this job!!!
    [​IMG]

Lastly going to put fresh Z71 decals on it, the driver's side is in bad shape and the passenger's side isn't much better.
  7. TOCCHET

TOCCHET New Member

damn nice ride you got!!
  8. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member 100 Posts

Love the truck man! I'm a huge fan of that body style, probably my favorite. I like what you're doing with it. If I might make a suggestion I would suggest putting the new body style Z-71 decals as well as the new body 'Silverado' badge on the tailgate. I did it with my old 06' truck and it really made it unique and I think it would compliment your truck well.
  9. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

Truck is looking good! I 2nd the hurt on filling up from E which is why my truck is getting the new nick name of lawn ornament. Keep the mods and pics coming! I like the lower light covers, are you looking to black out your ride more?
  10. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

looking good man!

one of my favorite body styles. Cant wait to see what else you do with it.

Alex