Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My 1st truck!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Chango, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Chango

Chango New Member

I just moved from the city to the country. I now have concerns about the winter. So this is my excuse to get a 4 wd. I was looking at a SUV becuase I have a large family. So I had to put my truck wishes on hold at least for the moment.

Well I had to barrow a friends truck!!! ( 2001 Silverado LS 2500HD ext cab short bed with the 6L) Needless to say I feel in love with this truck!!!! It has much more room and better miliage then I thought. My friend is selling this truck!! So now I'm concidering getting it!!

At this point I was just wondering what are the pros and cons about this truck?? My freind has always told me how he was impressed with it's towning. I will be doing quite a few jobs that will require towing and heavy loads. So I was wondering how this truck stacks up to like the Ford and the Ram! Is this a good year and model?? Thanks for the info in advance!
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome. Looking forward to your pics and posts.

I had an 06 2500HD and it was a great truck. I had to turn it in at 100k, and I really miss it. (Driving a F150 now) It handles well with a load and towed anything I put behind it. The brakes are fantastic. Went 100k on one set.

Buy that baby.
  3. mainec

mainec Rockstar

I have never had a problem with the ones I have owned....Except they always have a need to be mod'd out. They are really needy when it comes to accessories.
  4. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Go for it you won't be sorry!!
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Like everyone else has mentioned,Go For It!!.....3/4 with a 6.0 Liter There is not much more you Could ask for in a Truck for Towing and also Ext Cab for the Family.:great:
  6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! The only thing I would add is that your gas mileage may be less than what you are used to, but most folks don't buy this kind of truck that are worried about low mileage. Good luck!
  7. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:
  8. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

go for it, you wont be sorry!
  9. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

the only complaint i've heard from a few people that i know with one or with the 1/2 ton with the 6.0 is the gas mileage but they have great hauling power! no problems at all towing!
  10. b_burdine

b_burdine Rockstar 100 Posts

That's all the fun in owning a truck... making it your own.

I always felt that Chevy really limits there vehicles compared to ford or dodge with EPA and all that b.s.

But I tell you what, buy that truck and get a superchip or something of that matter, and you will wake up that bad boy under the hood. You can virtually do anything with a programmer like set the shift points, shift firmess and take off all of the limiters. That is all I would ask for from Christmas :wink: