1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

my 2002 chevy silverado

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by wolverine90, Feb 5, 2010.

1. wolverine90

wolverine90 New Member

Hey i have a 2002 chevy silverado. 2 wheel drive. I was wondering if i could raise my truck even though its not four wheel drive.
  2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Yes, they make just as many lifts for 2WD's as they do 4WD's...
  3. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It shouldn't be too hard, though don't look for a big lift without custom work involved. I've seen spindle kits and ciol spring kits that give about 3.5"'s of lift. I wouldn't go much higher than that because of the added stress on the stock components.
  4. chschevy58

chschevy58 Rockstar 100 Posts

my truck is a 2wd and i just put a leveling kit on it to give it a better stance. i would go to high just because of the fact that you dont need it. 3inch lift at most in my opinion.
  5. wolverine90

wolverine90 New Member

around how much would it cost me and how long will it take
  6. wolverine90

wolverine90 New Member

...........................................bump
  7. chschevy58

i put a readylift leveling kit on with 2 of my buddies and i got it for $200 and installed it in about at most 2 hours.
  8. wolverine90

wolverine90 New Member

well i dont really know much about how to install things and im scared to mess something up. how easy is it
  9. chschevy58

me and my buddies have done it on several of our friends trucks and it really isnt that hard. but if you dont want to do it or dont know someone that can then go to a local 4x4 shop or any automotive shop for that matter and ask them to do it. most chevy dealerships will even do it but they are are expensive.
  10. wolverine90

wolverine90 New Member

well me and my dad are good friends with an owner of an automotive shop im sure he can give us a good deal