My 2007 afters 2 months

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Bama Z71, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

My 2007 after 2 months

First of all , I know it looks like some of the stock rides , but I bought my truck on 9/21/2010 as an LS plain-jane Z71. After the trip home from North Alabama , I removed the front valance , undercoated the rear fender wells and removed the Bowties and painted them Black.Did the airbox mod , and pulled the fuse for "daytime running lights". I then ordered my 20% tint from Ebay and installed it , went and bought a Flowmaster Super 44 and took it to the local exhaust shop. Sold the 17" stock steel wheels and while the Stock 18 Oem's were on order , I installed the 2.5" leveling kit (while it was on jack-stands for a week , waiting on the wheels from Oregon) and installed new brakes. My wheels finally arrived and I had my local garage waiting with Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ 305/60/18's. I really wanted the side molding to complete the look , but $125 on Ebay? , I was on duty last week (police officer) and I looked over and noticed all of our junked crown vics - with side molding! After alot of sanding and cutting to size , painting and clearcoating , I think I have it the way I want.:happy:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Bama the molding is the finishing touch to your truck,looks awesome!.I'm thinking of ordering those same 18" rims.Can you tell me what you paid for yours? and where did you order them from?.Im in Canada so i expect they will charge me alot to ship here.Cheapest i found those on line for is $169.00 each.

3. Bama Z71

I actully got them for $395 -used from an Ebayer in Oregon . I couldn't believe it when I saw it , that was the Buy It Now price + $100 UPS ground shipping.He even held them for me until I got paid the following week! But I'm seeing them on Craigslist for $500-$600 with tires on them.

4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

The molding is so suttle but it makes a big difference. How long did it take you to do it?

5. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looks great. Another Ford part that works well on a GM, lol.

6. Bama Z71

Didn't take long ,peeled off old 3M tape and replaced, sanded them down pretty good , sprayed them 3-4 coats and clearcoated 3-4 coats, 3M tape ,Duplicolor paint , and spray paint Clearcoat all bought at local Autozone. Could be done in a day , I did it in about two , because I bought Pewter Duplicolor and it didn't come close , so I went back and bought Silver Met.

7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

That is a crazy deal you got on those rims,i'll just keep checking ebay for a good price.

8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looks very nice, not over done.

9. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Bama, The truck looks amazing!! The whole wheel tire combo is just awesome. Great job!!!

10. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Looks great, man. Good work! You've been pretty busy with that thing.