1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My '87 Sierra Classic Project

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by MD4x4 Fireman, Feb 2, 2008.

1. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman New Member 1000 Posts

Ok I finally found an old picture and I took a picture of the front end today.

This is the picture I took today
    [​IMG]

An angle shot when I first bought it
    [​IMG]

Starting Tuesday I am gonna get heavy into doing the body work and prepping so it can be painted soon. I will post pictures along the way.
  2. finalday7

finalday7 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks good. Wouldn't mind seein a couple more pics man.
  3. Duramax04

Duramax04 New Member

Thats a pretty straight old truck. Does it have much rust? Have you decided on a color? We painted an old 50 chevy years ago and i went to the new car lots and was looking at the different colors and decided on an 86 GM color Flame red which sounds like it would be a really bright red but its actually between a red and a maroon,very nice color but back then it seemed expensive at $23.00 a quart when you could buy black for $33.00 a gallon.:great:
  4. MD4x4 Fireman

It was very rusty. Once the body work is done I will post the before and after pictures. I decided on color close to princeton blue.
  5. MD4x4 Fireman

Just added bucket seats like I was asking about adding in a previous thread

[​IMG]

Also a small speaker box I made since my stock speakers are a weird size to replace, this was also my first attempt at making a speaker box

[​IMG]
  6. Holy Smoke

Holy Smoke New Member

Nice seats. Thanks for the pics.
  7. MD4x4 Fireman

My grandfather taught me and my dad how to spray on primer. And hopefully I will be the one to lay the primer on bed and MAYBE even lay the paint, but my grandfather will lay the clear.

[​IMG]
  8. GM_Guy

GM_Guy New Member ROTM Winner

looking good!!!!!
  9. MD4x4 Fireman

Here are some pics i took the other day. I am gonna take some more pics once I add the offroad lights and bar on the roof.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts

looking good man! What are your plans with it after the paint?