Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

My 93 Burban has developed a whistle, I think it coming from around the Throttle body

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by djturnz, Feb 19, 2011.

1. djturnz

djturnz Member

My wife had a mechanic friend look at it and he said it was the aftermarket intake and that we should put the stocker on. I removed the intake completely and it still whistles with just the open TB. I'm new to GMs, as I have owned Dodges for the past 8 years.

Is this a common issue? I was thinking maybe IAC valve (assuming it has one?). I played with all the vacuum lines going to the TB and none seemed to be loose or cracked.

Not sure where to start.

Noise does not go away even once the motor is warm, it is constant and does not seem to be effected by RPM.

2. djturnz

djturnz Member

It only does it with a warm engine. When the engine is cold from sitting all night, it won't whistle until it warms up. It will whistle if it has only been sitting for an hour or so.

Any thoughts?

3. djturnz

djturnz Member

Nobody has a theory?

4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Does this have a spacer on it? I've seen a few posters complain about a whistle when they installed a spacer.
    ** If not that, then maybe just a plain old vacuum leak? Spray around the intake with some carb cleaner or any thing else that will burn. When you hit the leak, the RPM will pick up.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  5. djturnz

djturnz Member

No spacer. I'll have to stop and get some more carb cleaner. I used the last of it when I rebuilt my snowblower carb before the last storm.

I didn't see any cracked hoses, but I'll try this.