Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My 94 suburban speaker locations

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by drakon543, Sep 8, 2013.

1. drakon543

drakon543 New Member

quick simple question according to crutchfield my truck can have up to 6 stock speakers but its pretty bleak on their location. it appears my truck was a utility commercial use truck since it appears to only have had dash speakers put in. crutchfield shows 2 additional "pillar" speakers and 2 "rear door" speakers. Are those 2 locations the pillar between the front and rear seats and the side rear doors or all the way in the back of the truck?
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Regarding......"crutchfield shows 2 additional "pillar" speakers and 2 "rear door" speakers. Are those 2 locations the pillar between the front and rear seats and the side rear doors or all the way in the back of the truck?......Here are a couple of Diagrams showing the location of the Speakers, on a 94" Suburban.....

Front Speakers

[​IMG]

The Rear Speakers
    Side-Rear Door Speakers Number #15
    And
    Back "Piller" Speakers Number #10
    [​IMG]

3. drakon543

drakon543 New Member

wow first response nailed. 99 heartbeat that is exactly what I spent an hr looking for this morning with no luck. It doesn't have the cutouts in the interior trim for the other 4 speakers but that can be remedied easily enough. but its always easier to mount speakers where they were intended to be rather than make new holes. thanks a bunch
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Your Welcome, Glad the Diagrams were able to Help you out....:glasses:
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Yes 4x6 in the dash You can get some good plate speakers in there.. 4x10's in the roof in back (Crap) You can make brackets for a 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 in there for a Much better sound.. Read door is a think a thin 5 1/4.. The 05+ Sub's had a much better speaker layout up front and a whole better dash
  6. blackburb

blackburb Rockstar 100 Posts

You can cut out the 4x10 holes to fit 6x9. Been there, done that. You can put shallow 6 1/2 in the rear doors, or regular 6 1/2 by front mounting them. (requires cutting out the door pocket and using the grills that come with the speakers and the grills might get dented slightly with the second row seats folded)