My 95 Dime (S10 Pickup)

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by 95_5spd, Sep 11, 2013.

1. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

I've had this S10 for about a year now. Its a 1995 in the dark red color. 5 speed. 4.3 vin z and 2wd.

Got it like this:

[​IMG]

Sprayed the wheels black, emblem red, took off the ugly license plate bracket, took off the guard on the hood and cleaned it up real good and it turned to this:

[​IMG]

Found Z28 wheels and repainted them. Got some tires offline. Added some fogs too:

[​IMG]

I ended up getting LED tail lights for christmas so they were on and it looked like this until about a month ago:

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

I was on Craigslist (my favorite site in the whole world) and i came across a mint set of Outlaw II wheels with tires for a cheap $250. So i jumped on the deal real quick.
    FRONT SETUP: 215/70/15 on 15" x 7" wheels
    REAR SETUP: 275/60/15 on 15" x 8" wheels.

Wide tires, what i've always wanted on my truck.

[​IMG]

Had to freshen up under the hood a little for starters:

[​IMG]

I've been into lowering it since last year, so i got on it. Been working a lot more now so i had to do it. 3/3 Ground Force kit from stylin trucks. Springs and blocks. Lowered it last weekend. LOVE it now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So far that's how she sits! Opinions, suggestions etc welcome. Just joined here!

I am planning on getting red lugs, center caps sometime and i'm thinking about taking the badges off the side. Still back and forth with that but for now i love how it looks and sits.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

Looks good right now.
    What do future plans have in store for it?
  3. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

For right now it's in pretty good shape. There is some cab corner rust i would like to tackle but i need a welder first.

I wanna tint the tail lights and corners. And it has just a cheap glass pack on it right now, but i wanna rid that and put a flow master 10 on it. I gutted out the cat a while back because it was rattling.
    Definitely some more detailing under the hood.
    And some other smaller things like exterior and interior things. I do have a sub/amp/stereo in it. Could use new speakers but they work okay for now.

Any suggestions?

I would love a first gen cause i can get more of a classic look out of it with what i'm trying to go after, but this truck will stick with me for a while as of now.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

Even if you cant get rid of the corrosion and replace the corners tackle it now, get the corrosion under control and stopped before it spreads. Yea I know a truck with primer spots aint as cool but if you get it under control now itll be easier to fix when the time comes.
    Again it might not be the popular choice but when planning your build tackle the drivetrain first, make sure its in top shape and perfect running order, cause a good looking truck with a nice sounding stereo that doesnt run is right next to useless.
    Not only is your truck a way to express your style but its a tool, its what gets you to work to earn money and build it better.
  5. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

yea i understand. everything is good on it mechanical wise. I've replaced things like the starter, front rotor, oil cooler lines. I would like to get the rust fixed soon just gotta get a welder or look into panel bonding.

I got the system for cheap when i first got the truck.

This truck is a full worker too. It's my daily. I tow with it a lot (mowers for my mowing business) and i carry stuff a lot. Almost everyday there is something in the bed whether its a shovel or a full load of hay to a wheel barrow. Or lawn equipment. So i try and keep it looking like a nice taken after truck, meanwhile it's a full work horse.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

I see on your plate that you are in NY Where?
  7. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

Im in pleasant valley. Its about 5 minutes from Poughkeepsie. Really one of the only s10s i have seen that had work done to it.
  8. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

Probably gonna be ordering new front tires tonight. The belts separated on the one front tire so they are done.
    I am tossed up between what size to get. I can get either the same size which is 215/70/15. Or a 225/70/15 which are a tad taller and wider. I want the same diameter tire but a little wider. The size i found that at was 235/65/15 but i'm having a tough time finding it without spending a lot. I want the same tire which is a cooper cobra GT so they match. A 215/70/15 is $79 a piece. Or i can spend 6 bucks more for the 225. My only worry is it looking taller making the back wheel width and height less noticeable.

Any help? What would be a good tire size to go with, keeping the same height at the 215/70?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so i went with the same size that was previously on there. So i have the same cooper cobra tires, 215/70/15 tires on the way for the front wheels. I highly doubt they will get mounted this week so i'm counting on next week them getting mounted. And at the same time i'm gonna get rear snows mounted on the stock wheels for this winter.
  9. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Turbo that bad boy and have a ball!

235/70/15 is the same diameter as your 275/60's
  10. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

I would LOVE to supercharge it but it's a daily. If i was gonna do that kind of job i would get the first gen i dream of owning eventually and do that work to it. I would drop in a 350 and supercharge it.
  11. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

i had more fun with my turbo 4.3 than I did with my 350 powered blazer, but that's just me.
  12. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

I think of turbo as like a 2 stroke dirt bike. The power just kicks in and off you go. I can definitely understand it being more enjoyable hearing the turbo spool up and the bov making all sorts of racket.
    But I think my ultimate s10 would be a 1st gen like a 92 so its easy to fit in. Stroked and supercharged 350. Just mean motor with a nice cam. Low profile blower sticking out. I wish I had it.
    I can get one off Craigslist real quick though at a good price. Motor already swapped and all that. Then just put other mods in that I want.
  13. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

As of right now I am still waiting for an email stating that my tires have been shipped out. I got a confirmation notice but not shipped out yet.
    I did wash the truck today. I hate all the pine needles that fall around my garage. I used to park it inside but there's too much stuff in there now so I just wash it more often.

Also I'm scouting out for a cheap s10 with a 350 in it. Idc if it needs paint or cosmetic work. If it runs and burns rubber it's cool. I can deal with cosmetics. I like that kind of stuff anyway.
  14. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Did they ever show up?
  15. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

yup they ended up showing up on Saturday. I never got the shipping confirmation info but that doesn't matter anymore. Gonna try and have them mounted this week.
  16. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

Truck is getting alignment and the new tires put on in the a.m.
  17. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

had to replace the trans mount today. shifter was vibrating pretty bad so i check motor mounts then trans mount. trans mount was a little loose so i tightened it a couple turns and snap. sheared right off. So thats fixed and it doesn't vibrate as bad anymore

[​IMG]
  18. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

l

Lol amazing what a stupid little nut and stud will do isn't it?!
  19. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

Great. Love the well kept s10.
  20. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

Yes lol. At first i thought my rachet just skipped and fell off. So i went to put it back on and there was no nut there. So i just took it out and threw the new one in. Luckily it was a cheap and easy fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Its got a lot of miles on it so i try to keep it running good and keep it clean.