My 95 Dime (S10 Pickup)

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by 95_5spd, Sep 11, 2013.

1. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

i had more fun with my turbo 4.3 than I did with my 350 powered blazer, but that's just me.

2. 95_5spd

95_5spd Active Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I think of turbo as like a 2 stroke dirt bike. The power just kicks in and off you go. I can definitely understand it being more enjoyable hearing the turbo spool up and the bov making all sorts of racket.
    But I think my ultimate s10 would be a 1st gen like a 92 so its easy to fit in. Stroked and supercharged 350. Just mean motor with a nice cam. Low profile blower sticking out. I wish I had it.
    I can get one off Craigslist real quick though at a good price. Motor already swapped and all that. Then just put other mods in that I want.

3. 95_5spd

As of right now I am still waiting for an email stating that my tires have been shipped out. I got a confirmation notice but not shipped out yet.
    I did wash the truck today. I hate all the pine needles that fall around my garage. I used to park it inside but there's too much stuff in there now so I just wash it more often.

Also I'm scouting out for a cheap s10 with a 350 in it. Idc if it needs paint or cosmetic work. If it runs and burns rubber it's cool. I can deal with cosmetics. I like that kind of stuff anyway.

4. BurbanMan

Did they ever show up?

5. 95_5spd

yup they ended up showing up on Saturday. I never got the shipping confirmation info but that doesn't matter anymore. Gonna try and have them mounted this week.

6. 95_5spd

Truck is getting alignment and the new tires put on in the a.m.

7. 95_5spd

had to replace the trans mount today. shifter was vibrating pretty bad so i check motor mounts then trans mount. trans mount was a little loose so i tightened it a couple turns and snap. sheared right off. So thats fixed and it doesn't vibrate as bad anymore

[​IMG]

8. BurbanMan

l

Lol amazing what a stupid little nut and stud will do isn't it?!

9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Great. Love the well kept s10.

10. 95_5spd

Yes lol. At first i thought my rachet just skipped and fell off. So i went to put it back on and there was no nut there. So i just took it out and threw the new one in. Luckily it was a cheap and easy fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Its got a lot of miles on it so i try to keep it running good and keep it clean.