my '95 silverado! just bought her, and wanna do some customizing...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by jhenderson_90, Dec 17, 2009.

1. jhenderson_90

jhenderson_90 New Member

hey everyone, i introduced myself in the new members forum and now i would like to start asking for opinions and help and what not.

I just bought this a few days ago, 95 chevy silverado, im 19 and its the first truck i've ever bought, i had my grandparents help me on my first car, a '58 ford fairlane, but this is something new that i worked hard to buy!

anyways, i know nothing about customizing trucks or what not. but i'm workin on it! i really dont like those moldings along side the bottom of the truck! ive been searching on here and i guess i can take some fishing wire, and a magic cleaning wheel and a little wax and buffer and take those suckers off??

what about that chevrolet sign on the tailgate? is that the same as the moldings? it just comes off using fishing wire?

down the road i'd like to get some black tail lights and clear headlights, and a chrome grill, and maybe a chrome gas tank cover? who knows! anyone have any websites or magazines they reccomend getting parts from?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. brianj

brianj Rockstar

check out other members profile pictures- most of them have done a lot of work to their rides, and you can get some great ideas from them.

3. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

There's tons of stuff for that model year range... A very huge aftermarket that is fairly cheap...

Yes, the mouldings come off fairly easy... When I did my '95 Tahoe, I used a heat gun. That took most of the adheisive off. As far as the remaining adheisive, I used what's called an "Eraser Wheel"... It's a rubber disc that you put on a pneumatid drill and it takes the adheisive right off... My dad works at a body shop, so I have access to all kinds of trick tools... LoL

What type of embplem is on the tailgate...? Is it the 4" strip that goes across the whole tailgate, or just the bowtie...? I know that the large strip is help on by moulding tape, so that same procedure goes for that as with the side mouldings... If it's just the bowtie, I believe it's held on the same way, but theyre might be a couple small alignment holes...

As for other things to do...:
    Diamond clear or black headlights
    Diamond clear of black marker lights
    Diamond clear of black corner lights
    Tail Lights
    All 4 On High Headlight mod
    Color match the grill
    And the list goes on...

Here's a couple of pics of my '95 Tahoe at it's most modded... (Click for larger image)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

check out LMC truck mag

5. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

x2 on LMC..ive ordered alot of stuff from them over the years and ive always been satisfied with my results.congrats on the new truck by the way!

6. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

great looking truck! super clean for a 95!!!

7. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Can we get a close up of the rims?

8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have always loved seeing those style trucks with a full rollbar, I am talking the five lights on top and everything. Those trucks also look nice with the full brush guards, or a lift kit looks sweet as well. Definately the clear lenses in the front, that makes a huge difference in an older truck. :sign0005: