Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My 98 Holden Suburban ~ Brought to the USA

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by TVR-190, Nov 6, 2012.

1. TVR-190

TVR-190 New Member

Make: Holden (Rebadged Chevrolet imported to Australia in RHD)

Model: Suburban

Engine: 5.7L V8 Vortec

Colour: Metallic Maroon

Rims: Stock

Km's: 295,000

Mods: Holden Badge replaced with proper Chevy Badge, Some sort of Exhaust by the previous owner.

Transmission: 4 Speed Auto Column Shift

Power: 195kW

Future Mods: LED Spot Lights, Proper Running Boards, Snorkel, Blackout Tint

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picture after I removed the side steps:

[​IMG]
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

HEY...... It's backwards!!!!! Kidding.. I know a guy that bought a Avalanche from up here in NJ and shipped it there. Had all the dash reworked Cost him $12 G's for everything....
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Nice truck,

I find it interesting that the Chev badge is still on the grill (sorry, just re-read your info post and see that the Holden was replaced).

Also interesting, that the steering column is the same as the NA trucks (shifter on the right and wiper arm on the left)
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looks good for the age.
    Are the marker lights on the fenders an Austrailian requirement or an aftermarket add on.
  5. TVR-190

TVR-190 New Member

Its a turn signal, All Australian cars after 1990 must have a side indicator on either the front guard on the side mirror.
  6. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Nice Ride! I spent a month in Australia a while back and could count the number of chevy trucks I saw on one hand. That's a pretty nice looking suburban. The dash is really strange though... nothing like the North American version.
  7. TVR-190

TVR-190 New Member

Its a Blazer dash apparently ,something to do with not being able to make the suburban one RHD, or it was just easier to use the Blazer dash
  8. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That's interesting. I would think a blazer dash would take some work to fit as well though, since the blazer is smaller. It's cool to see the things they come up with for the RHD conversions though.
  9. TVR-190

TVR-190 New Member

Did a bit of Offroading on the weekend and was very impressed with how the suburban Handled it, as were my friends who didnt expect it to be half as capable as it was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I find it interesting that it has sealed beam headlights circa 1988... Although the '88 Suburban was not an OBS truck, so here in the USA, the Suburban never got the sealed beam headlight treatment. I think it looks with the sealed beam lights instead of the composites.