My 99's progress

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by garumn, Jun 17, 2010.

1. garumn

garumn New Member

before
    [​IMG]
    After[​IMG]

Its sitting on an incline so thats why it looks low in the rear.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

New sneakers. Did you darken the glass too?

The damn dreaded Suburban sag. My Tahoe has it. I might try some coil-over load booster shocks.

3. garumn

garumn New Member

just the front 2 windows

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Those tires made a huge difference.

5. grrr...

grrr... Rockstar 100 Posts

Who knew tires could turn a regular burb into a mean looking burb.

6. TurboChris

TurboChris Member

Looks great....here's a tip...if you remove the steps...it tends to make the truck appear higher....try it...only takes a few minutes to remove one side and see if you like it.....

7. garumn

garumn New Member

as much as I dont like the steps I have 3 little kiddies and it makes getting them in the truck alot easier.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I like the steps. I have them on my 96 Tahoe. Kinda overkill now, but changes are in the works :D

9. berg

berg Member

Looks good! What size/brand tire did you bump up to? I recently went from the stock 245/75/16 on stock wheels to a 265/75/16 Wrangler MTR with 16x8 Eagle alloys. Next thinking about bumping up to a 285/75/16, same wheels, but adding a 2" lift by keys/blocks. Don't want to go too high because I have 3.42 gears and this is my daily driver.

10. garumn

garumn New Member

I went with 265/75/16s as well, they are dunlop rover m/t maxx traction[​IMG]