My Avalanche Mod Thread

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by pmf608, Jul 11, 2011.

1. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I have decided with the avalanche that I will have one thread to post all the mods I do. For particularly interesting mods, I will create new threads but everything will also be here.

Let's start with a picture of when I got the truck:
    [​IMG]

Mod #1: I removed the dealer emblem from the tailgate

Mod #2: I used the rearview mirror wiring to hardwire my radar detector, even though the avalanche has a tendency to cause the radar detector to set off the laser band:neutral:
    [​IMG]

Mod #3: I installed my focal 165-KRC speakers in the front doors. This drastically
    improved the Bose system... It even sounds like it has a decent subwoofer now, just without the vibrations. And the sound quality is amazingly crisp and clear
    [​IMG]
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

It's a start.... See you on the sites......
  3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member

Thats a good start with your new truck.... it looks like one of your future mods is gonna be a new windshield LOL
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

looks good so far
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

Looking good

Good eye:lol:
  6. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

truck is looking good:great:
  7. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

Looks good!
  8. drillbit26

drillbit26 New Member

love that color!
  9. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member

Looking good so far! Are you using the stock Bose amp for the Focal's?
  10. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

Thanks everyone. So far, the rest of the sound system is factory so I'm still using the Bose amp. At some point I plan to do a full sound system build with a nav unit and everything, so I would ditch the Bose at that point. Until then, its not too bad with decent speakers.

The windshield will be done at some point, but the cracks aren't too irritating yet, so it will wait for a while.
  11. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I got the 20" wheels put on last week. Here's a picture. I like it much better this way. I just need to check out the front suspension and have the truck aligned to get rid of the vibration and steering pull it has now.

[​IMG]
  12. ChromeSilver02

Those rims look awesome on that truck, do need bigger tires IMO
  13. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I agree the tires look a bit small on there, and I knew they would before I put them on because their height is shorter than the stock tires. They do still have probably a year or 2 of life in them though, so I will be keeping them until they need to be replaced.
  14. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member

x2 on bigger tires but the 20's do look good.
  15. Trucks looking good!
  16. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

Mod #5 & #6: Painted mirror caps and bowtie.

I ran out of work to do last week, so I had a bit of free time and started this project. I sanded the textured plastic mirror caps smooth and painted them and the bowtie to match the truck. Painted mirror caps & door handles were standard on the cladded avalanches that were covered in plastic, but the uncladded ones didnt even have the option of painted mirror caps or door handles until 2005 - I guess someone at GM decided the uncladded ones just didn't have enough plastic on them :neutral:. I plan to get escalade door handles in the future, since I can get them already painted this color... its just not worth the work to me to try to sand the curved buckets for the door handles. And the chrome pulls on the escalade handles are nice. But, for now the mirrors are the way they should have originally been and the bowtie matches.

Now for pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

So you got bitten by the Avalanche Mod bug..... It's a start...
  18. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

Haha. yep. the mod bug got me with my silverado... it just had too many miles to be worth modding too much. Now that I have the avalanche, I don't have to worry about that. Now the wallet is the limiting factor... at least until I have finished paying the truck off. I have to say the avalanche is a much more versatile truck, and that means more mods that can be done.
  19. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

Looks really good, nice job on the mirror caps, I'm planning on the same thing for mine. And the rims look good but it needs lowered!!
  20. ChromeSilver02

The painted caps and bowtie does look much better, what plans do you have for the grill? Also i think it is time update the sig LOL.