1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Avalanche Mod Thread

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by pmf608, Jul 11, 2011.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thanks. Thats where the new ones have the camera so I decided to go with the stock look by putting it there.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice job...... :great:
  3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I like, very clean.
  4. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member 100 Posts

Looking good bro!!! Loving all the mods... I just updated my truck's thread... (I know, I've been away for a while... sorry... lol)
  5. pmf608

Mod #14: Tekonsha P3 trailer brake controller. I picked this up on eBay for a very reasonable price compared to local prices. I also bought the GM harness for it, so it just plugged right in. I mounted it to the bottom part of the dash panel so that if I want to sell the Avalanche at any point, I can pull it out and the holes will be facing downward and not noticeable. I also used the quick-connect clip-in bracket it came with so that I can install another of the same brackets in my F350 along with the universal harness it came with. That way I will be able to have the controller in whichever truck I need it in.
    [​IMG]

Mod #15: LED puddle lights. I bought some nice LED festoon bulbs for the puddle lights in the bottom of my mirrors on eBay, and they got here today. Install only took a few minutes and I like them much better. I also bought some LED strip lights that I will be installing under the doors above the running boards once they arrive.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice start to your thread and your mods. I'll be curious to see how everything turns out. I'm going to miss seeing new Avalanches getting tricked out. But I guess that'll just turn into old Avalanches being maintained and customized.
  7. pmf608

Thanks. Progress is a bit slow on a student budget, but I like my avalanche and I'm making it mine one step at a time. It's too bad that it is being discontinued though... I guess if I ever sell this one, I'll just have to get another previously-loved one.
  8. pmf608

Mod #16: LED running board lights. I mounted a 2 meter LED strip down each side of the body of the truck, above the running board. I ran the wiring to the wiring for the factory puddle light in the driver's door, all wrapped in split loom tubing to be discrete and professional looking. The running board lights come on with the factory puddle lights and put out a lot more light than I expected them to. They're a bit flashy, but a lot more functional than the factory puddle lights on their own, so I like them.

LED DRLs and reverse lights will be coming soon so that they match the outside courtesy lighting, since they come on with the puddle lights when its dark out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Look'in sweet.. :glasses: Need my shades on just to look. Do the lights on the running boards blink with the Turn signal?
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think turn signals are required by law to be either amber or red for rear markers ... and amber for front or side markers in most states -- specifically to avoid the potential for confusion with LEO/EMS vehicles. I'd be surprised if he is blinking these, as a result.

@pmf608, can we see shots of what the LED strips on the running boards look like during the day when they are off? How about the puddle lights in the daytime?
    Last edited: May 9, 2012