Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Chevy Cobalt SS

Discussion in 'Chevy Compact Cars (Aveo & Cobalt)' started by MPC-Silverado, Nov 30, 2010.

1. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I have owned 2 Cobalts in my day. I had an 05 Lt, then i realised i wanted the SS so i traded it in for an 06 SS. i bought the car fall of 06, New/Used. Had a new car title, but it had 2500 miles on it. It was the owners car, his demo. but the warrenty didnt start until i purchased it which was nice. it listed for just under $25,000. i purchased it for $16,500.

fully loaded, and it has the limited G85 package, which gave you a slightly upgraded trans with an LSD, Recaro racing seats, and an overall slightly lighter car.

For those of you who dont know this car has a supercharged 2.0 4 cylinder. and puts out 10-11 psi stock. GM way under rated the car i believe for insurance purposes. they claim it make 205hp at the engine. me and many other Cobalt owners have put down 215-220hp at the wheels

I am very much into cars and trucks of all kinds, lowered lifted, fast slow, import american made. i just like things done tastfully but to the extreme at the same time.

Well here is my car with only 12,400 miles on it, and a fully built motor (with internals) currently pushing 25psi, on 116oct. race gas. last dyno pull was at only 18 PSI on 116 oct. and it had 320ish hp and 315tq

This car was built by me and my crew in house, and we also painted it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Wow, thats one of the nicest Cobalts I've seen, no joke. I like the "Chevrolet" on the valence, its different. Must be a nice daily driver with 320 hp haha. What kind of mpg's you get w/ all the work you've done to it?
  3. MPC-Silverado

Shes alot of fun, it is more like 400hp we think now but we will find out soon enought once she gets back on the dyno. I get almost 40mpg at 60mph with the cruise set. but then again i am paying $5.80 a gallon lol
  4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Damn, 400hp and 40 mpg, not bad at all, I wish i could get that kind of mileage haha. Is the engine modified so much that it can only run on 116 oct or can you use regular 93 oct pump gas?
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Very nice!! I could only imagine how that screams with the hp in conjunction with the weight.
  6. MPC-Silverado

IT could run on pump gas just would have to retune it for that. but it makes so much pwer on the 116 haha. its not a daily driver i only put a few tanks a year thru it so its not that bad. this year i think i only put 1,500 miles on it and now it back in storage.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

yeah it actually does scream... i rebuilt the blower to obtain more RPMs safely as they cant spin a 2.5" pulley safely. the Sc makes a really loud noise here is a video of it 2 years ago on 93 octain and only 20psi and you can really hear it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co8efPYPviM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23gDo2ggjD0

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

since that video has been made it started to get blow by (bad rings) so we built the internals at that point. now it has all forged interal (pistons crank and rods), neutral internal balance shafts allow up 9000 RPM safely, New custom made longer duration cams, dual coin valve springs, bates 1mm oversized valves, adj. cam gears, larger injectors again, 116 oct tune, header, catless dp, full 3" exhaust, head studs, ARP rod bolts, cometic head gasket, and when we put it back together it got all new bearings, valve guides & seal, new chains, and chain guides so its like a new motor.
  7. MPC-Silverado

Piston, dual coil valve spring and new cams
    [​IMG]
    new forged piston and forged rod
    [​IMG]
    Custom built axels for the car (no produced to the public because of me haha)
    [​IMG]
    the layout in front of the car
    [​IMG]
    motor about top be torn down
    [​IMG]
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

That is a sweet car!
  9. MPC-Silverado