My Daily Driver Project

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by suicide_star, Jun 19, 2009.

1. suicide_star

suicide_star New Member

Well, anyways. I have an 07 Silverado WT Reg Cab SWB with a 4.8. I decided to start playing around with it and here's my progress so far...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So far, it has true dual exhaust with 2ch flowmaster 40 series mufflers, hypertech power programmer III, and a Volant CAI.
    I decided to start working on the outside, getting away from the work truck look. Here's a couple of pics from this morning, replacing my bumper end caps with new ones loaded with TYC fogs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    looks so much better with the painted bumper caps. more pics tomorrow

Near future plans include long tube headers, 3.73 gears, 3/5 drop, 20" black wheels, and possibly flat black racing stripes.
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

It's funny how much of a difference that made to the front, It looks like an LTZ model now! Are you going to do anything to the center section, paint it chrome it put a SS insert in there just curious?? Keep up the great work on your truck, look forward to seeing more progress on it. :shocked:
  3. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member

cool little project you have their, great job
  4. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member

Wow I can't believe how much those bumper caps changed the look of the truck. I was just looking at a white one this morning with the all black bumpers and thinking how bad it looked. It just didn't look like quality if you ask me. Nice job.

-Greg
  5. bcoffman

bcoffman New Member

Niiiice! How does it run with te perform. upgrades ?
  6. suicide_star

suicide_star New Member

well, the truck is going to be black on the stock color for the most part. what do you guys think about painting the grill to match the truck? i'd keep the rest of the center black (i can't stand chrome) keep in mind that my new wheels are going to be black. also, i was thinking about getting some of those black halo projectors, you guys think that's too ricey?

there are the wheels i'm thinking about. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...500 2wd&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=Regular Cab

the performance upgrades so far are noticable on top end, i can't wait for the new gears though, the 3.23's are killing me.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  7. bcoffman

bcoffman New Member

I like those wheels, Can't wait to see them on the truck. I don't know what to do about the grill that is a tough decision. I personally like black halo head lights.
  8. suicide_star

suicide_star New Member

i did pretty good on those end caps...$60 for the pair shipped, $120 for the TYC fog lights shipped, and $140 for the paint, warrantied for 5 years.
  9. retired2001

retired2001 New Member

Lookin' Good!!!
  10. suicide_star

suicide_star New Member

well, i was thinking about it today, and i want to keep my 17" all terrain tires, they're brand new. also, i'd like my truck to be utilized to it's full potential as far as going on little offroad excursions every now and then, so....these are the rims i have in the mail...

[​IMG]

should i drop the back or lift the front to level it? i'll have the rims on it by next weekend hopefully, so we can make a better judgement.
  11. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member

I say lift it a lil in the front since you will go off pavement once in a while...
  12. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member

nice looking truck but some black wheels on that mofo
  13. suicide_star

suicide_star New Member

after i get the rims on, i'll take a look at it and figure out what would look better, it would still sit pretty high if i lowered the back to level it out.
  14. suicide_star

suicide_star New Member

pics... rawr

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. suicide_star

suicide_star New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more pics to come, wound up dropping the ass end 2"
  16. bob13

bob13 New Member

Any new Mods.....truck looks real good!
  17. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

The new projector headlights look real good, you can't even tell that the truck started off as a work truck. Nicely done, can't wait to see more pictures of your progress! :great:
  18. bob13

bob13 New Member

I meant any MORE !! :shocked:
  19. suicide_star

suicide_star New Member

Yeah, I've got a few more future plans. I want to smoke the fog lights, get blue or black bowties, put in some smoked LED tails/3rd brake light, and possibly some flat black racing stripes on the hood and tail gate. Constructive Criticism welcome. I'll have better pictures up this weekend, when I get a chance to wash it.
  20. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member

Just a though, maybe you should get some black fog lights to match everything.