Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

My Dashboard is falling off!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by rdnkdrummer, Jun 10, 2010.

1. rdnkdrummer

rdnkdrummer Rockstar

When I first got my wife's 95 4wd 1500, i thought it was unusually noisy around the dashboard area, especially on bumpy roads. I put 4 nice shocks on, MUCH better ride & handling, but the dash "shake" is still there. I noticed 3 or 4 small screws in the top of the dash are still tight, but the plastic around them has broken. But to my understanding, this shouldn't make the "whole dash" loose. The entire dash moves up and down on bumpy roads. Anyone done a dash replace? Or know of an easy way to tighten it up? Or do i need a new dash since the top areas are broken around the small screws?

2. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

If your around the wichita ks area I have a dash out of a 89 silverado. Will fit as far as I know..I would probably even be willing to give it to you no charge

3. rdnkdrummer

rdnkdrummer Rockstar

94-96 is a different stereo/AC layout, but thanks for the offer. and i'm in texas! But again, thanks!

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sounds like you might want to add some washers, and see if that helps... but yes with the plastic broken there really isnt much to hang on in the upper area... IT is easy to change with 2 people and you need to take your time.