My Dashlights are burned out i think Im 16 and learning my way around can some1 help?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Crockpot, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Crockpot

Crockpot New Member

So im 16 and just learning my way around MY truck and so last night i was driving and the back lights on the dash wont come on. I dont know if they are burned out. I need to know how to get to where the lightbulbs are so i can swap them out. I cant drive at night without them. I have a 1982 Scottsdale K10 with the crate 350 V8. If someone could help me that would be great. THANK YOU.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If all the lights went at once I'd check the headlight switch for a good connection, and the ground for the dash lights.
    Odds of all the lights going at once are very slim unless you get a voltage surge, bad ground or something like that.
    To access the lights themselves you need to remove everything through the face of the dash, I think theres something like 4 individual bulbs in the dash, but the number depends on what gauge package you have.
    I dont believe I've ever seen the light panel for that yr/model go bad but I suppose it is a possibility.

3. DamnThatMexican

DamnThatMexican New Member

Buy an book on yr year it wil go far... If yr going to do it yr self I would put an video tape it just in case you can't remember how to put it back together