1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Dashlights are burned out i think Im 16 and learning my way around can some1 help?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Crockpot, Apr 28, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Crockpot

Crockpot New Member

So im 16 and just learning my way around MY truck and so last night i was driving and the back lights on the dash wont come on. I dont know if they are burned out. I need to know how to get to where the lightbulbs are so i can swap them out. I cant drive at night without them. I have a 1982 Scottsdale K10 with the crate 350 V8. If someone could help me that would be great. THANK YOU.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If all the lights went at once I'd check the headlight switch for a good connection, and the ground for the dash lights.
    Odds of all the lights going at once are very slim unless you get a voltage surge, bad ground or something like that.
    To access the lights themselves you need to remove everything through the face of the dash, I think theres something like 4 individual bulbs in the dash, but the number depends on what gauge package you have.
    I dont believe I've ever seen the light panel for that yr/model go bad but I suppose it is a possibility.
  3. DamnThatMexican

DamnThatMexican New Member

Buy an book on yr year it wil go far... If yr going to do it yr self I would put an video tape it just in case you can't remember how to put it back together