My DRL's are dead

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Mean_Green_95, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I noticed that when I'm driving my DRL's aren't coming on. My head lights come on, but not my DRL's. Its as though the light sensor isn't working. Thoughts anyone?

2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Do you need a wiring diagram? PM me and I can send it to you.

3. dbach

dbach New Member

Mine went out too. found out the bulbs were burnt out : )

simple fix.

by the way mine were dual element bulbs, only one element was fried, the DRL's must have both elements in place, if one is burnt the light will not work.

put new bulbs in and see if the problem is fixed.

dbach

4. starsilverado

starsilverado Rockstar 100 Posts

I turn mine off every time I go anywhere. It bothers me to see a truck going somewhere with one light burnt out. So I just turn them off

5. Mean_Green_95

They aren't burnt out. If they were the head lights wouldn't be coming on. I just wanna know why the DRL's aren't coming on.

6. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow Rockstar 100 Posts

might check your fuses and see if the drl fuse is not burn up

7. dbach

dbach New Member

OK you might re-read. I didn't say anything about your headlights. I'm talking about the bulbs in your DRL's. They are two different things you know.

Your DRL's are located just below your headlights. There are two light fixtures there, the inside fixtures are the DRL's , the outside fixtures are the running lights. Your headlights will work weather your DRL's are working or not.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sorry, no separate DRL on the 95 Tahoe. All DRLs through 98/99/00 OBS used the High Beam bulb.

They are NOT two different things, you know.

I think you are the one that needs to check his facts.

9. dbach

dbach New Member

My mistake. Sorry.

10. Mean_Green_95

maybe I should have made this clear. I'm talking about my 2000 Sierra, not my 1995 C1500. And I kno for a fact that the DRL's aren't burnt out. Even if they were, the head lights shouldn't come on until it was dark. My problem is that the head lights stay on when ever the truck is running, and that the DRL's never come on.