Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

My DRL's aren't working

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Mean_Green_95, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've noticed the past couple of days that my DRL's aren't coming on. Instead, my all my lights, as if it were mid night, are coming on. Its been acting as if the light sensor is malfunctioning. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

2. Mean_Green_95

BUMP! need something pls...

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Did you get help in another thread? Link to it if you did. :)

4. Mean_Green_95

I got some info from another site. What I ended up do was tricking the computer to think that it was daytime all the time. I took apart the ambient light sensor, and replaced its "guts" with a small led light. I put it back together and plugged it in. The led gives the resistance that the computer is looking for to make it think that it is daytime. So I don't have automatic headlights, but I prefer this way since I installed hid's and didn't want them coming off and on by themselves. But if I ever wanted to go back to the auto lights, all I would have to do would be replace the ambient light sensor.

5. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow Steve you dug up an old one!

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

I am surprised you just didnt replace the sensor....I mean you had the sensor apart right? On my truck I removed the 2 DRL fuses under the hood so DRL didnt come on during the day when I got HID's. Alot less time consuming!

6. Mean_Green_95

I went to the junk yard two or three times and got sensors out of those trucks. None of those sensors worked. So I decided to do it that way just for a little project. Plus the led on the dash makes it look kinda like I have and after market alarm.