1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My first performance upgrade

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by NCN8ive, Feb 27, 2011.

1. NCN8ive

NCN8ive New Member

Put in a Volant CAI yesterday. Only bad thing I have to say about it is the position of 2 of the screws that hold on the cover. As you see in this pic, they are under the lip of the fender and are not accessible with a screwdriver.
    [​IMG]

and here are a few more pics.

from the side
    [​IMG]

Close up from the front
    [​IMG]

A wider angle shot.
    [​IMG]
  2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member 1000 Posts

Yeah, those two are tough to tighten, but you can get them with the side of the screwdriver and a lot of patience. :)
    Looks good.
  3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

Very cool. I like the mesh-looking cover:great:
  4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts

Very cool, man! That's a nice upgrade.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Theres a few companies like SnapOn tools that make a small angle screwdriver thats a flat blade on one end and a phillips on the other end. From what I can see from your pictures it should work on those two hidden screws.
  6. NCN8ive

NCN8ive New Member

The co-worker that was helping me had one of those. It was still too long between the tip and the bend to get under that lip. The screws are finger tightened at the moment and seem to be pretty secure. I'll just need to check them periodically to make sure they haven't worked loose. I'll probably see if I can get some wing head screws to replace them though.
  7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

looks great!
  8. troutbug

troutbug Member

You could always take one down to the hardware store and find a matching stainless hex head screw of the same length and thread. That way you could easily tighten them with a box end wrench (especially a ratcheting box end, which everybody should own a set of!). If you don't want to replace them all, just replace the 2 that are out of view. You would be less likely to strip them out also, unlike trying to get at them at an angle with a screwdriver.