GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

My first truck..have a few questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by RyanGT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. RyanGT

RyanGT New Member

Hello there I just recently bought my first truck. It's a 2003 GMC Sierra. 4x4, extended cab, SLE, 5.3L.

I just had a few questions.

1. I bought the truck and it was already lifted. How would I go about lowering it back to stock height?

2. If I did bring it back down to normal size, I'm considering buying 20 inch silverado ss rims (always liked the look).. would these fit on my truck and what size tires should I consider getting with these?

3. Just out of curiosity, would a grill from an 03 silverado fit on my sierra? Or are they different sizes?

All I can think of right now :happy:

Thanks
  2. yotchie

yotchie Member

how high is it lifted? do you know what kind of lift it has in it?
  3. RyanGT

RyanGT New Member

Not sure. When I asked the guy at the dealership, he said he wasn't exactly sure, but he thought it was lifted 4"
  4. Silverado 2005 LS

Silverado 2005 LS New Member

For your wheels find out if they are 6Lug or 8Lug pattern then look at what the SS rims are. I don't see why you couldn't if they are same bolt pattern
  5. stchman

stchman New Member

If I'm not mistaken, the 2003-2007 Silverado had the cat eyes. If yes, then you would need to get the hood, fenders, and front bumper to get that grill to fit.

So if you have enough time and money you could transform your Sierra front end into a Silverado front end, but all the other badges would have GMC so you'd have a franken-SierraSilverado. IMO, that would look out of place.
  6. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 New Member

Just IMO, I think the Sierra was the better-looking front end in that series...I had an '03, and did not like the "bad-boy" (cat-eyes) look of the front.

Have you ridden much in a truck with 20"s on it? If not, I would suggest you find someone you can spend a couple hours with riding around. Most of the tires available in that size will ride very rough due to the short sidewall. It may not bother you, but the one other-wise stock truck I rode in with 20"s on it felt like a damn tank...every rut or repair strip sounded and felt like he hit a curb. Again, just my opinion.