1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My first truck. Thoughts and suggestions please

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Strongman93, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Strongman93

Strongman93 New Member

[​IMG]

I am getting my windows tented and a spray in bed liner Saturday. What else should I do? I'm only 16 so nothing to big :)
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 New Member

do what i did to my truck, paint the mirrors and bumpers red, get the matching door buckets and escalade handles.......i would love to see a twin HD of my truck.....for now if you want quick mods that will be good....take off the side black plastic moldings, take off the moldings, get a billet bowtie or paint yours red....theres endless mods, what exactly do you have in mind for your truck?
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

welcome to the site, nice truck
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

welcome and thats a nice truck to start with. what kind of mods do you want? performance? appearance?
  5. sheep

sheep New Member 100 Posts

a nice sounding exhaust is a must! wheels and tires, stereo, all the good stuff
  6. Strongman93

Strongman93 New Member

well Right now I thinkim getting my windows tented, spray on bedliner, and im going to crank my torsion keys to level it out. How much would all that cost roughly?
  7. johnny_ringo

johnny_ringo New Member

nice truck bro. if she was mine, i'd start with the rims and the tires. nothing fancy, just not a fan of the steel stockers. anywho, to each his own... right?
  8. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site. I'd get a level kit installed instead of cranking the torsion bars, trust me there is no upward travel left in the suspension if you crank the torsion bars. I had a set installed on mine with lifetime allignment out the door at 461 bucks. Not bad but I bought a crap load from them at the same time. Figure window tint costs about 75 bucks a pair out here. A spray in liner cots about 4 to 500 bucks out here as well.
    Hope that helped you.
  9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would strip the side molding off to make it look cleaner, and I would possibly paint the factory flares red to match your truck. Great looking ride for a 16 year old by the way, welcome to the club...........AMY :glasses:
  10. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

you can find a leveling kit for your truck for anywhere from 100 too 200 bucks. I would recommend rough country. is your truck 2wd or 4wd? also, fill out your signature with some info on your truck :great:

A nice cat-back exhaust system would be nice too. I would highly recommend magnaflow