My first truck. Thoughts and suggestions please

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Strongman93, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Strongman93

Strongman93 New Member

[​IMG]

I am getting my windows tented and a spray in bed liner Saturday. What else should I do? I'm only 16 so nothing to big :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 Rockstar

do what i did to my truck, paint the mirrors and bumpers red, get the matching door buckets and escalade handles.......i would love to see a twin HD of my truck.....for now if you want quick mods that will be good....take off the side black plastic moldings, take off the moldings, get a billet bowtie or paint yours red....theres endless mods, what exactly do you have in mind for your truck?

3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site, nice truck

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

welcome and thats a nice truck to start with. what kind of mods do you want? performance? appearance?

5. sheep

sheep Rockstar 100 Posts

a nice sounding exhaust is a must! wheels and tires, stereo, all the good stuff

6. Strongman93

Strongman93 New Member

well Right now I thinkim getting my windows tented, spray on bedliner, and im going to crank my torsion keys to level it out. How much would all that cost roughly?

7. johnny_ringo

johnny_ringo New Member

nice truck bro. if she was mine, i'd start with the rims and the tires. nothing fancy, just not a fan of the steel stockers. anywho, to each his own... right?

8. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. I'd get a level kit installed instead of cranking the torsion bars, trust me there is no upward travel left in the suspension if you crank the torsion bars. I had a set installed on mine with lifetime allignment out the door at 461 bucks. Not bad but I bought a crap load from them at the same time. Figure window tint costs about 75 bucks a pair out here. A spray in liner cots about 4 to 500 bucks out here as well.
    Hope that helped you.

9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would strip the side molding off to make it look cleaner, and I would possibly paint the factory flares red to match your truck. Great looking ride for a 16 year old by the way, welcome to the club...........AMY :glasses:

10. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

you can find a leveling kit for your truck for anywhere from 100 too 200 bucks. I would recommend rough country. is your truck 2wd or 4wd? also, fill out your signature with some info on your truck :great:

A nice cat-back exhaust system would be nice too. I would highly recommend magnaflow