1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

For Sale My head unit out of my 2009 chevy silverado

Discussion in 'Audio & Video Classifieds' started by staymad, Jan 29, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. staymad

staymad New Member

I put in an aftermarket stereo on my chevy and I have the head unit, and it works 100% just no need for it and i could use some extra money, if anyone is interested, i'l let you make a reasonable offer.
  2. lil_nate

lil_nate New Member

can you post a pic?
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just a heads up. It will have to be unlocked to work in any other truck. They are locked to the vin of the truck they came in. The dealer usually charges between $100 and $200 to do this. You might have to work that into your price.
  4. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

Pikey, what model year did they start this on?
  5. Pikey

I am not sure maybe @99'HEARTBEAT can answer that. I know that I was looking for a factory nav unit for my 05 Yukon Xl and found that my model year is one of them that required being unlocked if I were to purchase a used one. Most guys never adjusted the price for it being locked and most buyers don't know that they are locked until they put them in.
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Starting with 2003" Model Year Silverado's.....Theft-Deterrent Feature Starts Working Automatically,

This information is from the 2009 Silverado Owners Manual, Section 3....Page 140,
    Theft-Deterrent Feature is Designed to Discourage theft of your radio. The feature
    Works Automatically by learning a portion of the Vehicle Identiļ¬cation Number (VIN). If the radio is moved to a different vehicle, it will not operate and LOCKED will appear on the display. When the radio and vehicle are turned off, the blinking red light indicates that THEFTLOCKĀ® is Armed.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  7. Pikey

Thanks Mike! I knew that you would have the answer!
  8. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

ohh haha i always saw the red blinky light but never knew what it was for, thanks for the info.